Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 2:12:52 PM EDT
Wow!

That was the biggest gun show I have ever attended! Everything I could dream of was there.

I have never seen that show that crowded before in my life.

Plus to top it off, I got to meet Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith. They were wondering around the grounds and looking at things. I got to watch Steven Tyler purchase a class III HK (didn't get to see the model). It was really cool. My friend got to shake Steven Tyler's hand.

Not bad for a day of wondering around ;)
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]

I'll second that!

It was a biggie [shock]

I'll probably go again tomorrow - I could only spend four hours there today and I still felt rushed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.  It were a good one.  Especially liked the SAR show.  Tons of NFA stuff.

James
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!
I'm going tomorrow. Anyone know what the AK's were running, both new and used?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
.... yup, definately the [i]"mother of all gun [/i](fun) [i]shows"[/i].

... damn, that place made me feel poor.

... nice chatting with [b]jimmybcool[/b], [b]chairborne_ranger[/b] and [b]someguyinahat[/b] for breakfast beforehand too!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
saw one (and i am quoting the tag here folks) "pre-ban MAK 90" for $525 or something around there. [rolleyes]

did see a private sale advertised for around similar price.  think i saw one for $350.  quit looking cuz they were all too expensive for my tastes.  and i love AKs too.  overall, i think you would have been lucky if you found one for less than $400.  most were up around $500 though.

yeah, it was big.  way more class 3 stuff than indy's gun show.

i was disappointed that the food vendors weren't selling elephant ears.  i mean, c'mon.  was it not a fair-like atmosphere out there today or what.

oh, and we got the federal firearms laws book autographed by the author for free.  wanted the book.  didn't particularly care if it was signed, but who's gonna say no.  (if only my scribble made something more valuable!)
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It was a huge show, but did anyone see people buying much?  It didn't seem like there were any good deals, and I only saw a few people buy something.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool, don't forget those commie assholes in Aerosmith (from Boston) actually campaigned for Ted "let's gor for a drive,sweetheart" Kennedy. Does the term Elitist Asshole ring a bell?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with my Dad and a family friend.

Shame I was broke, out in the tent there were(are) tons of great deals on USGI mags. One guy had some low finish Adventurelines for 12 bucks, another had a whole STACK of Centers for 15 dollars.

Inside the building it was the same crap, 20 dollars and up. Some of the NIW mags I could see paying that for, but most were just your usual well used USGI or Thermolds.

Why have Orlite prices dropped so much?  I thought they were still reliable mags, just some of them wouldnt fit in Bushmasters? I could of got a truckload for 8-12dollars each.

I have never seen that much ClassIII stuff in my life outside of maybe the Smithsonian. Wow!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
RGUNS was there, but it was different guys! I asked about KMA, but they said he operates a different business under the same name.

I liked the guy with all the machine guns at the table that saw the admiration in my eyes and said " You can hold the guns." I did! I especially became fond of the mini-Uzi. I want to go see if I can hold it again today.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanted to go, but i gots no cash.  And if i do go i'll end up charging everything on my credit card.  i'll just go shooting instead.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:.. I liked the guy with all the machine guns at the table that saw the admiration in my eyes and said " You can hold the guns." I did! ...
View Quote

... Yeah, it was so cool to hold up the SAW M249 and M60's with dummy linked rounds and make funny noises with my lips as I aquired the sight picture.
... I think he liked it too!
... Hell, I told 'em my name was [b]Imbroglio[/b] and split after thanking him.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Tyler and Perry were at the show again today, saw them out by the tents. The only people that their bodyguards were moving along were the autograph hounds. Other than that, just knockin' around like regular folks.
coyote3
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top