Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/28/2014 11:38:48 PM EDT
I get a lot of phishing e-mails. Usually it's FedEx or USPS, but this time it's Home Depot. Strangely enough, I just placed a ~$6,000 order just a month or two ago with them. Was there a Home Depot and USPS hack recently?

Anyway, here's what the e-mail looked like:

But if I hover over the link, it goes to phallus.is and then a bunch of random text.

Hmm, sounds legit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:25:03 AM EDT
I just got one from "wells fargo" that said there were multiple attempts to login to my account. I had to verify my info.

I clicked on the link from my phone and it looked to be the wells fargo login screen so i logged in.

The questions were obviously not something they would ask so i closed the link and went to a real computer and reported it. Plus i changed my password.

I'm kind of worried though cause i clicked on the link to begin with. They suggested I run some virus scan on my computer as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:28:15 AM EDT
No emails, but I get a phone call from IRS "agents" every few months telling me that there's a federal arrest warrant out for my name for unpaid taxes and they'll make it all go away if I pay my fine over the phone by credit card.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:31:30 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gitarmac:

I clicked on the link from my phone and it looked to be the wells fargo login screen so i logged in.

The questions were obviously not something they would ask so i closed the link and went to a real computer and reported it. Plus i changed my password.

I'm kind of worried though cause i clicked on the link to begin with. They suggested I run some virus scan on my computer as well.

View Quote

lol yer screwed
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:34:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2014 12:34:32 AM EDT by Foxxz]
Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
I get a lot of phishing e-mails. Usually it's FedEx or USPS, but this time it's Home Depot. Strangely enough, I just placed a ~$6,000 order just a month or two ago with them. Was there a Home Depot and USPS hack recently?

Anyway, here's what the e-mail looked like:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10370363_672621489521387_1952521296470026725_n.jpg?oh=11db644ee621e24fb2cd0f456acd856a&oe=551F7228&__gda__=1427737761_f24f85285405be7737534f17f7674e3a

But if I hover over the link, it goes to phallus.is and then a bunch of random text.

Hmm, sounds legit.
View Quote

Yes they got hacked earlier this year and I believe email addresses were compromised.

ETA - http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2014/11/07/53-million-customer-email-addresses-leaked-in-home-depot-hack
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:50:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By operatorerror:

lol yer screwed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By operatorerror:
Originally Posted By gitarmac:

lol yer screwed

I hope not. Ive had them before. I only logged into the login screen, i didn't send any info (that i can tell).

I changed my info so they can't log in.

But yes, I'm a little worried. Ill keep an eye on things. Ive actually never had my info stolen or false charges on my cards or accounts.

I can't believe i clicked on a link. :( that should have been a clue. it looked like the wells fargo log in page. It was uncanny, it even had the offers that always come up first.

Then it went to a page requesting all of my info. All of it. Pin#, mothers maiden name. Ccv#, ect. That's when i knew it wasnt legit.

I wonder how fucked ill be. They didnt get the info but i dont know if that link could have somehow gotten info off of my phone.

At any rate, its changed now.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:55:31 AM EDT
Adrianna keeps telling me how she saw my profile on Facebook and thinks I'm cute. Does this count?

Funny that I don't have a FB account, and that the only Adrianna I know is my 8-year old granddaughter....
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:56:04 AM EDT
Email? I had them CALL me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:00:31 AM EDT
Just checked everything again. I'm not storing passwords on any devices.

Ive gotten the call in the past where someone pretends to be Microsoft. Those are kind of fun. I like to see how much bullshit they can come up with to convince me they are real. It all comes down to weather i get bored before they give up.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:08:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/29/2014 1:09:22 AM EDT by operatorerror]
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:
Adrianna keeps telling me how she saw my profile on Facebook and thinks I'm cute. Does this count?
View Quote
That 2 timing WHORE!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:23:06 AM EDT
A couple years ago my now ex girlfriend got some phishing email saying her UPS package couldn't be delivered for some reason and needed her information. To her credit she didn't give her info out, however she did go to a nearby UPS store to pick up her package.

She hadn't ordered anything.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:26:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1BMF:
A couple years ago my now ex girlfriend got some phishing email saying her UPS package couldn't be delivered for some reason and needed her information. To her credit she didn't give her info out, however she did go to a nearby UPS store to pick up her package.

She hadn't ordered anything.
View Quote

That is exactly the kind of phishing e-mail I get from "USPS" and "FedEx".
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:30:36 AM EDT
They see me rollin phishin they hatin

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:37:03 AM EDT
From early this week....

I came across your ad on CL while searching for a person who can hack a website. I need a person with your skill set to find a person's identity on a website. If you are interested, contact me to discuss what I am trying to do. I will compensate you well for your time

Thanks
Bob Costello
View Quote
Top Top