Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 9:41:38 AM EST
Get Cash for Your Gun
May 6, 2004 — Beginning today, Philadelphians can turn in any gun you own, legal or not, to police. No questions asked, and you'll get paid for it.
It's a gun amnesty program, designed to get weapons off the streets, and help cut down on crime. If you give up a gun, you'll get $100 cash, and a $50 voucher to sneaker villa for sporting goods.

The amnesty program was announced today at the police administration building in center city.

You can turn in guns at any police station.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/050604_nw_gunamnesty.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:46:22 AM EST
Man, if i lived in Philly I'd put in an order for several hundred of those Nagant revolvers from SOG that are something like $69 a piece, shipping for a crate shouldn't be too bad, and with a C&R FFL, it woudl be no problem!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:49:13 AM EST
It won't work.

No free cash for that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:50:08 AM EST
Dang!!

I got an old broken .22 single shot rifle that was given to me. Because it was broken.

I sure could use the space and extra pie dough.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:51:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Brisk322:
It won't work.

No free cash for that kind of thing.

So what exactly does "no questions asked" mean?

What a gyp!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:52:19 AM EST
Wow! Now who was selling those AR lowers for $70?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:52:20 AM EST
legal or not
glad to see tax payer money being used to help thieves fence the guns they steal
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:49:33 AM EST
I saw an auction on gunbroker a few years ago- 10 ravens or jennings type guns for $25 a piece, starting bid.

If I knew someone with an FFL who charged really cheap rates, that would be a good investment for something like this.

BTW, some of you philly area people should set up a stand with a sign saying 'free gun appraisal' - if something comes in that's really good, offer the owner more than $100 for it. That should keep the widows from scrapping some nice shotguns and rifles.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:25:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
...If you give up a gun, you'll get $100 cash, and a $50 voucher to sneaker villa for sporting goods...

But if I keep my Lorcin, I can steall all the sneakers that I want.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:05:13 PM EST
That’s an interesting thought:

Somebody with an FFL hang out with a booth near the drop off points. Use the straight Blue Book values for appraising various firearms. If the weapon in question is of questionable value or quality, send it to the drop off. If there is reasonable value, buy the firearm.
Later on have the newly acquired firearms repaired as needed. Resell for profit(s).
Of course if the firearm has been reported stolen (like Sean Penn’s pistols), return the item(s) to lawful owner. This is where only the minimum or the advertised drop off values is paid.

There are, of course, other things to consider. And I’m not talking about financial or legal issues here. But the thought of humiliating the antis here, Major Thought.
Top Top