Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 1:14:14 AM EDT
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/18/flyers-fans-fuel-philly-stereotype-with-embarrassing-display-during-loss-to-caps/

Update:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/flyers-statement-fan-behavior/

On Tuesday, the Flyers release this statement via 94WIP’s Howard Eskin:
“Flyers fans are the best in sports. However, last night, a number of individuals behaved in an unacceptable manner. Fans have the right to voice their displeasure vocally or by not watching or attending games, but when displeasure is expressed in a way that embarrasses or endangers others, it cannot be condoned or tolerated.

As an organization and on behalf of the overwhelming majority of Flyers’ fans who express their passion in a positive manner, we wish to express our sincere regret.”

Update:  Ed Sniders daughter speaks.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/ed-sniders-daughter-wristband-throwers/
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what was worse, the team or the fans.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The fans.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Was watching the game on TV, Flyers fans trying hard to reinforce every Philadelphia stereotype there is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
We had a moment of silence for Ed Snider in Tampa on Wednesday during game 1.  It was so silent in there, you could have heard a pin drop.  Sad that Redwing and Lightning fans have more respect for the Flyers late owner than his own people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously, what is up with fans in Pennsylvania.  It's becoming apparent that their shitty reputation, has merit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Seriously, what is up with fans in Pennsylvania.  It's becoming apparent that their shitty reputation, has merit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pittsburgh Steelers fans are alright, but, that could be because I am a Steelers fan.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#7]
List of disgusting acts by Philly fans at Game 3

A couple aren't bad, like the guy messing with Holtby or the lady flipping off the Cap bench for a picture. That's pretty typical stuff for any sport, especially during the playoffs.

The other stuff is pretty bad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:46:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Needs more of this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was watching the game on TV, Flyers fans trying hard to reinforce every Philadelphia stereotype there is.
View Quote

Yeah, this behavior should come as no surprise.

Go Caps! Don't choke this year.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Philadelphia has the worst fans in all of professional sports.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Stands to reason since everything about Philadelphia sucks, and they know it, so they act out.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pittsburgh Steelers fans are alright, but, that could be because I am a Steelers fan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'll gladly acknowledge that steeler fans are good sports fans, and i'm a cowboys fan.  i'm contractually obligated to hate the team, but their fans are solid.

ETA: philadelphia has some good fans also.  i think there are nine of them.  but they act like assholes to blend in with the rest of the fanbase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
The team looked liked it was concerned with picking up the bracelets. Nothing else to really take from it.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Pretty sad when your baseball team has the worst record in baseball and yet has the highest winning percentage of your city's four pro teams.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Stay classy philly stay classy.

just sayin

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#17]

I was there.

Santa missed a FG

FSC

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]

I worked at PHL for 3 years.... a miserable place to say the least.
Philly is truly the armpit of the U.S.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/rNnkDjMVJqE

View Quote

He sounded mad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He sounded mad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/rNnkDjMVJqE

He sounded mad.

Yeah.  He was in Philly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Philly gonna philly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stay classy philly stay classy.

just sayin

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/uboat534/media/4FCB9618-8C1F-4410-9E49-56C93100AB53_zpsugmhc6hn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/uboat534/4FCB9618-8C1F-4410-9E49-56C93100AB53_zpsugmhc6hn.jpg</a>
View Quote

Pittsburg fans are decent.  I should have stated Philly and not grouped asshat fans to the whole state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Pennsylvania.  PHILADELPHIA.

Philly sports fans have a legendary reputation for being flat-out assholes.  Sports fans in the rest of the state are enthusiastic, but civil.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Philadelphia wins again.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Philly sports fans have a legendary reputation for being flat-out assholes.  Sports fans in the rest of the state are enthusiastic, but civil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst in the world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Philly always manages to live up to my expectations.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Needs more of this.

https://youtu.be/0r2PHn-ELQg
View Quote

I said this in that thread and I'll say it again; couldn't happen to a nicer crowd.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#29]
When I think of Philly, I just think about a bunch of fat fucks that work in a tire garage.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Philadelphia sports fans have always had the reputation as bottom feeders.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I myself am a Philadelphia sports fan. This behavior is absolutely pathetic and makes me sick. Seeing anybody acting this way, no matter what sport or team or how bad they're playing is pathetic. The shameful part of this is that most of these fans that are doing that hardly go to a game unless its playoffs. Then they act like this give everyone in the group a bad name.

Either way what these people did and how they acted was beyond childish, and words cant describe it
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#33]
“Flyers fans are the best in sports. However, last night, a number of individuals behaved in an unacceptable manner."
View Quote

lol

The Flyers org knows their reputation and their fans reputation (which has only been useful for one game in history).

If they were actually annoyed they'd play Game 4 to an empty stadium.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We had a moment of silence for Ed Snider in Tampa on Wednesday during game 1.  It was so silent in there, you could have heard a pin drop.  Sad that Redwing and Lightning fans have more respect for the Flyers late owner than his own people.
View Quote
Same thing in Pittsburgh and they HATE Philly

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I went to a few Flyers games when I moved back to NJ. I didn't notice any horrendous behavior... although I was watching the game from my skybox of my friend's dad's company. :)

I stopped following the Flyers after they lost to the Blackhawks in 2010. I gave up on them after that.
Eagles have sucked for ages.
basketball and baseball are more boring than football.

The only other "sport" I went out of my way to watch in Philly was WingBowl, which is really just another testament to the complete lack of class in Philly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Couple of good sammich joints... meh to the rest...drop some bombs on some radicals...operate a crane high on weed kill six...shoot a cop become a folk hero...legendary stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Filthadelphia. Let's go caps!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Saw this this morning on TV. When the arena announcer told the crowd that the Flyers had been assessed a penalty, he said "Way to go" over the PA.

Pretty bad when the hometown arena guy knows the fans are garbage and lets it be known right there during the game.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're up there with LSU for overall worst fan base.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#41]
There was a jail in the basement of Veteran's Stadium and one of the current PA Supreme Court justices was the judge for the mini-court where he'd dish out fines and community service.

One exchange of note:
Judge Seamus: Do you have anything to say in your defence?
Drunk Eagles Fan: Yeah, Aikman's a fag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Philly fans gonna Philly.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I am the only King's fan on the east coast. But, everyone around me here is pretty much a Flyers fan, even they said they will not go to a game during playoffs because of how bad it gets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Couple of good sammich joints... meh to the rest...drop some bombs on some radicals...operate a crane high on weed kill six...shoot a cop become a folk hero...legendary stuff.
View Quote

Let's not forget Fast Eddie
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:47:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/18/flyers-fans-fuel-philly-stereotype-with-embarrassing-display-during-loss-to-caps/

https://youtu.be/Wsr0arHQKM4

Update:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/flyers-statement-fan-behavior/

On Tuesday, the Flyers release this statement via 94WIP’s Howard Eskin:

"Flyers fans are the best in sports. However, last night, a number of individuals behaved in an unacceptable manner. Fans have the right to voice their displeasure vocally or by not watching or attending games, but when displeasure is expressed in a way that embarrasses or endangers others, it cannot be condoned or tolerated.

As an organization and on behalf of the overwhelming majority of Flyers’ fans who express their passion in a positive manner, we wish to express our sincere regret.”

Update:  Ed Sniders daughter speaks.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/ed-sniders-daughter-wristband-throwers/
View Quote
No, Flyers, your fans are fucking assholes and fuck ups.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Raiders fans could give them a run...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

they aren't stereotypes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top