Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 9:25:45 PM EDT
He's listed on Wikipedia as a potential candidate for running. Anyone know anything about this? How do you think he'd do if he did run?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Presidential_election#Potential_Republican_Party_candidates

What do you guys think of the other people listed? There's a lot of names there I haven't seen anyone here throw around yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about his politics but he seems like the best general officer we've had in half a century and one hell of a leader.The D's seem to have backed right the fuck off that Betrayus- Bush pupper bullshit as they found out that was a non-winner.I think it largely depends on what happens in Afgh whether he would be a viable candidate and of course,whether he would want the job.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
He's my favorite for 2012.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking through that list...

Who's this JC Watts character? A (real) black candidate running Republican?

Could you imagine? The Anti-Obama.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Who put Fred Thompson in there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could you imagine?

And a true conservative. Former Oklahoma Congressman who I'd vote for in a heartbeat. I still think Bobby Jindal will be a huge contender.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
We need someone besides Jindal.  I hate to say it but he is too physically ugly to make it in the TV generation.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you imagine?

And a true conservative. Former Oklahoma Congressman who I'd vote for in a heartbeat. I still think Bobby Jindal will be a huge contender.

You think he could pull it off?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We need someone besides Jindal.  I hate to say it but he is too physically ugly to make it in the TV generation.

And Barry's not?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not excited in the least at the prospect of any General running for or being President.

How badly the country declines or tanks in the next 18 months to 3 years will determine the candidate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I like JC Watts, but he was a Representative, and has been out of politics for years now.  I know that to most, that fact might appear to be good thing, but for running for President?  Not so much.

Petraeus would be an interesting candidate, but he would then have to retire in the next couple of years.  

He's a really smart fellow, but I think his lack of "civilian" experience would hurt him a bit.  Yes, I know that previous General/Presidents made the transition, but things change.  Look at who we have for President now?

In addition, the current economic situation does not bode well for a military candidate.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you imagine?

You guys haven't been keeping up on current events.

JC Watts supported Obama, and has been shilling for a grant-writing scam for years. Whatever his past may have been, he's a fucking embarrassment now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
There is nobody who can stand up and represent our kind, especially considering the lack of contenders who will step up to the plate and be a man of true integrity.

I'm fucking drunk as hell...

Fuck you democrats, especially for setting America back into the Dark Ages... Fuck you so very hard... My hate for your kind will burn till the end of time...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is nobody who can stand up and represent our kind, especially considering the lack of contenders who will step up to the plate and be a man of true integrity.

I'm fucking drunk as hell...

Fuck you democrats, especially for setting America back into the Dark Ages... Fuck you so very hard... My hate for your kind will burn till the end of time...

^THIS^

Oh and...

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it depends on what problems we're facing in two or three years.

If they are military problems, someone like Petraeus or Robert Gates or another competent member of the Bush admin Iraq do-over team.

If they are economic, someone with both a record of success in business and economics and also a record untainted by participation in the schemes that caused the financial crisis.

I don't know who that person would be, but I'm sure he's out there somewhere.

If things are somehow going swimmingly, it might not matter who gets nominated.

In any case, the person will need to be unfailingly optimistic, charismatic, competent, and clearly intelligent.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you imagine?

You guys haven't been keeping up on current events.

JC Watts supported Obama, and has been shilling for a grant-writing scam for years. Whatever his past may have been, he's a fucking embarrassment now.

Exactly what I was going to type....

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I want Keyes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#17]
*bump*
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Why is everyone mentioning Petreus?  Does anyone know what his political leanings are?  Does anyone know if he even has any?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I wish to nominate Tommy Milner.

Mr. Milner's message
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why is everyone mentioning Petreus?  Does anyone know what his political leanings are?  Does anyone know if he even has any?

No. I guess people are hoping he'll be as popular as Eisenhower.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I like JC Watts, but he was a Representative, and has been out of politics for years now.  I know that to most, that fact might appear to be good thing, but for running for President?  Not so much.

Petraeus would be an interesting candidate, but he would then have to retire in the next couple of years.  
He's a really smart fellow, but I think his lack of "civilian" experience would hurt him a bit.  Yes, I know that previous General/Presidents made the transition, but things change.  Look at who we have for President now?

In addition, the current economic situation does not bode well for a military candidate.  

I'm wondering if some of our Generals will retire in a 'blaze of glory' in opposition to The Kenyan's military/defense/national security policies.  

If Petraeus were to do that, and make his reasons public, combined with his 'hero' status, could that make for a good candidate?

-K
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#22]
There is a whole lot of fail on the potential republicans.

Jeb, Newt, Palin, Perry, and Huck have no chance in hell of winning anything. Fred probably won't put any effort into it again and thus no chance either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd vote for Piper's mommy.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#24]
a) does he want to run?

b) what are his postions on, oh....... anything?

c) is he even a Republican?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
a) does he want to run?

b) what are his postions on, oh....... anything?

c) is he even a Republican?

Exactly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top