Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 9:53:27 AM EST
So my mom is going on a 18 day trip to Peru and Boliva with a tour group. buncha old folks. she has been to europe and asia but never to South America. so how safe is it there? what is the best way to bring money? will the tourist areas take credit cards? How well do they speak English?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:58:39 AM EST
I have a client that's a missionary in Bolivia. He does not speak highly of the country. It's apparently incredibly poor and corrupt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:54:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2015 10:56:08 AM EST by threedogs]
We spent a week in Peru. Lima and Cuzco. Lots of english speakers. Any one you'll be doing business with will speak it. It is the language of dollars. Always felt safe, but stayed out of sketchy areas. Don't let a kid shine your shoes, or anything else. Have fun.

ETA: Any brick and mortar business will take credit cards. Flea markets and guides will take cash. ATMs work, but dollars are preferred.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:59:17 AM EST
I have been to Peru......a few years ago.

Very nice folks, Amazon was amazing. We spent a week in the bush pulling teeth in a small village. I would go back.

But, do be careful, we had a suitcase full of medical supplies stolen at the airport.
Top Top