Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:17:52 AM EDT

Just got this in my email. What kind of dumbasses actually fall for this shit?

Hello Dear,
, I am Janet Kema I got Ur Interest and message too on yahoo personals o.k. i'm not an upgraded member cuz i'm having a situation at this time. I never believed anybody wanna be with a girl like mine who's got a fairy tale about life's experience o.k. If U really want to meet me for real, i want U to know the problem i have and what my hard experiences about life was ok!! Please read this carefully and U'll understand the kind of person i am and what my hard experiences about life is o.k. I was born in Ascutney,OH, Usa, and my parents were from Australia. I started my fairly tale when I was just 18 months old, i lost my mum. I didn't growup to know who she was or who ever my mother was o.k. My father had to raise me all alone. I was the only child of the family. I also lost my dad few years ago, he had luekemia and doctors cant help. It was, when i was a kid and i lost my mum that my dad had to build a House in Ascutney, OH ok. that was where i grew up and spend most of my life time so far.I met a guy after my father's death few months ago when i moved out to Evansville, because my father raised me never to have friends cos he had bad experience with friends when he was much more younger , and he made me stay indoor all day too. This guy i met was a german alright? He lived with me in Evansville, for over 2months , he asked if i would come over to africa to see his Uncle so we can get engaged and i can be happy after all the sorrows i've had I agree to go on the trip to africa with him. I saved enough to keep us confortable while we were away o.k. I had to withdraw about $18,500 i have in my account to make sure we were safe and secure while we were on this trip . So i closed up my account. But nfortunately, when we got to africa he took me to stay in a hotel, and after few weeks and days when we got here, he brought a bottle of champaigne and i think he wanted to propose marriage to me, but after i drank the champaigne i was asleep all through and when i woke up, i noticed that he had gone with all my stuff my money, my jewelries, and everything i had left out here ok. he only left me with some cloths and nothing else, I was all alone here, and he left me a note saying that he had gone over to the Ukraine, with another girl, the lady he really loved and he's been keeping for so long when he was once in africa . Right now i'm in a hell oftrouble. I was left out here all alone with some billsto take care of at the hotel i'm staying and the hotel management won't let me get out of here if i didn't pay the bills ok!! It's really crazy. I feel like killing myself ok. At the moment i have an outstanding bill of $750 here on my ccomodation and just $100 for the internet services, provided for me out here o.k. the hotel manager out here seized my passport andreturn flight ticket so that i will not run away. Please i need your help to get my life back on track and start up a new life for a life time happiness I promise if U can get me out of here by helping mepay the bills to the Hotel management, i will surely make it upto U o.k. and hopefully i will accept that i have found a new life with U So it's up to U to decide on what U wanna do with me concerning these issues Waiting to read from U soon .i am also looking for someone that can be the flesh of my flesh and the bone of my bone , one that will not just be beside me but one that can be part of me pls do tell me more about yourself maybe we can get along fine ,
Janet Cares
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:21:12 AM EDT
I once did a research paper on "mail order" brides in the US, you would be surprised the amount of financial scams commited like the one you posed above, but you would also be surprised the number of american males involved in looking for foreign brides and who use foreign 'dating' services. Some have numbers that show they are reasonably successful. A large portion of the legitimate foreign bride community is also actively envolved in tracking down scammers.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:21:51 AM EDT
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:22:52 AM EDT
This thread is useless without pictures.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 11:50:09 AM EDT by KN]

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
This thread is useless without pictures.

personals.yahoo.com/us/personals-1125024184-657294?view=1&adid=personals-1125024184-657294
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:09:38 PM EDT
Cliff notes, can't read it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:14:56 PM EDT
It's a scam, o.k.?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:20:08 PM EDT
Hey, why are you emailing my girl?!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 1:21:28 PM EDT by xinflt]
Any of those Yahoo Personals that don't go into any detail in the "About my match" section are scams or homos dudes who like dudes.

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Edit: I've also seen that "flesh of my flesh and the bone of my bone" line used in Nigerian 419 scam emails.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:21:28 PM EDT
Funny pic, lower part of face looks fuzzed like photoshopped. Same way in all the pics.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:21:35 PM EDT
Uh-Oh

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:29:17 PM EDT
hummm taking up a collection?? LOL

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:34:39 PM EDT
Can someone translate the Engrish to English? I can't read it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:35:54 PM EDT
Tell her you need plenty of detailed naked pics before you can make up your mind....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
LOL! I got the same e-mail except it was some chyk "from NC" and she was writing me because my e-mail got on some list or other.

We e-mailed back and forth for a while where I told her the correct way to go about getting back to the US if you're a real US citizen stuck in a foreign country and he/she/it eventually stopped writing me.

It was kind of fun, though, getting a new story in mail every day and responding with "Contact the Consulate at this number," or, "If you want me to send money, I can send it via the State Department rather than Western Union. It's cheaper for me and you'll just have to go to the Embassy."

It's a variant of the Nigerian scam, FYI.

If you're bored, you can have some fun with it, but I never got threatened with a CLIQUE MOB...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:42:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kk7sm:
LOL! I got the same e-mail except it was some chyk "from NC" and she was writing me because my e-mail got on some list or other.

We e-mailed back and forth for a while where I told her the correct way to go about getting back to the US if you're a real US citizen stuck in a foreign country and he/she/it eventually stopped writing me.

It was kind of fun, though, getting a new story in mail every day and responding with "Contact the Consulate at this number," or, "If you want me to send money, I can send it via the State Department rather than Western Union. It's cheaper for me and you'll just have to go to the Embassy."

If you're bored, you can have some fun with it, but I never got threatened with a CLIQUE MOB...

Not surprised. Last I heard they lost Hammer of Dead.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:53:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 1:56:16 PM EDT by nascar3n8fan]

Originally Posted By kk7sm:

Their hammer of dead was otherwise occupied at the time. You my friend lucked out.

ETA Damnit. Took me too long to read that garbled letter. Happycynic, I guess great minds think alike.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:05:44 PM EDT
There are a lot of them out there. Here is one that sent a message to me using broken English claiming to be from Kentucky. She was telling me that she is currently in Africa (who says they are living on a continent) and that she was working on "some project". WTF, she is living on a continent doing something...wow what detailed answers. Anway, I chatted with "her" just to see how long I could keep "her" going. When I asked what she liked best about Kentucky she said "the social life". That's when I knew "she" was full of crap.

profiles.yahoo.com/clara_moss1?intl=us&os=win&ver=7,0,0,437
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:25:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 4:00:04 PM EDT by kk7sm]

Originally Posted By happycynic:
Not surprised. Last I heard they lost Hammer of Dead.

I have a ball pein hammer, a couple of claw hammers, a sledge hammer, an engineer hammer, but I got me no Hammer of Dead!

Edit: Fix my darned quoting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:27:55 PM EDT
Can she cook?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:37:04 AM EDT
Ok, an update the "girl" that was sending me messages. We we first talked she gave me a date of Sept 9th for when she would be back home. I saw her get online today so I baited her to get if I was right. I asked if she was back in the area. She of course said "No." When I asked why she said "Because I don't have the funds." LOL, didn't see that coming. "She" must be new at scamming because "she" isn't very good at it.
Top Top