Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 9:08:40 AM EDT
I found this thread concerning the Flgiht 93 Tape at DU

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x2222579

Tyrone Slothrop  (1000+ posts)      Wed Apr-12-06 12:27 PM
Response to Reply #37
39. If the hijackers had bombs strapped to their bodies,
Why would any of the passengers think that they could take control of the plane?

They knew it was a suicide mission at that point (some of the passengers knew about the WTC/Pentagon attacks); so why would you try to rush suicidal men with bombs strapped to their bodies thinking that you could retake control of the plane.

That doesn't make any sense.

Lets look at the choices

1) Site passively and wait to die

2) Try to kill the assholes that are  trying to kill you (You will probably die but at least you have a chance)

Bacchus39 (683 posts)      Wed Apr-12-06 10:16 AM
Response to Reply #2
18. what were they supposed to do with the plane once they
took control?? could they fly it? no.  

Thats a problem you would have to solve if you got control of the plane.  I figure you have the rest of your life to try and land that aircraft.  Given the alternative it's an easy choice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the liberal mantra: give them what they want and cower and you'll come out better off.

Besides, letting a box cutter on the plane is one thing, but bombs??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No it wouldn't make sense to save the lives of the people in the targeted building would it? Yeah you are going to die either way, but your death right now saves lives in a half hour. Nope no courage there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No it wouldn't make sense to save the lives of the people in the targeted building would it? Yeah you are going to die either way, but your death right now saves lives in a half hour. Nope no courage there.

These are 'liberals' we are talking about.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have read it twice now, and I still don't understand what they are saying.  You are going to die anyway, so why bother doing anything?

So, I'll just say kill liberals.  It's the only real option left.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If I am going to die want to be gouging out the fuckers eye while holding his recently removed nut sack in my other hand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So, I'll just say kill liberals.  It's the only real option left.

If if ever did come to that - its clearly obvious it wouldn't be that hard.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shows how truely self absorbed they are in their own pathetic existance.  

They are dead either way, so what does those other lives really matter?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]
That's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]

On behalf of veterans everywhere, DU, drop dead and save us the trouble of defending your childish attitudes of cowardice.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps, but this one ranks right up there too.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x77503#78611
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Liberals:  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  "Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!"  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Perhaps, but this one ranks right up there too.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x77503#78611]www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x77503#78611

Please make that link cold.  We don't hotlink to DU.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Please don't hotlink DU.

We don't want liberal trolls around here.  They might learn of our plans to round them up and kill them all.

Well, okay.  Maybe they are just my plans.  And maybe they are still in the first planning stages....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Well had there been DUers on the plane...They would have just engaged the hijackers in thoughtful, meaningful dialog about the evils of corporate America and George Bush.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Please don't hotlink DU.

We don't want liberal trolls around here.  They might learn of our plans to round them up and kill them all.

Well, okay.  Maybe they are just my plans.  And maybe they are still in the first planning stages....

Err, you REALLY might want ot tone that down.

ETA:

They ARE a bunch of fucktards and on that plane I am SURE there was someone capable enough to get talked through landing or gently crashing the plane.

Liberals rant about things that THEY THEMSELVES are INCAPABLE of doing.  Hence, because they think they are omniscient and omnipowerful ... that means NOBODY ELSE is able to do it.  The liberal mindset, don't forget is: "I am scared of guns, because if >I< have a gun >I< might shoot somebody"  Meaning that they KNOW they lack in self-control, and therefore being the PERFECT BEINGS that they are, EVERYONE ELSE in the world ALSO lacks the same self-control.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope none of these assholes are anywhere near me during a terrorist attack.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well they do come in handy.... as a temporary Kevlar alternative.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#19]
There was an off duty pilot on the plane.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well they do come in handy.... as a temporary Kevlar alternative.

It's "field expediante" kevlar.

Dems make good kevlar. They tend to leak though.

yep...they just don't make them like they use to
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh sorry.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There was an off duty pilot on the plane.

Good but it doesn't matter if your choices are die or try to fly the plane it's an easy decision.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#24]
haha..everyday at DU is the dumbest thing you've ever read on the internet...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Think human shield.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Those idiots are pretty mild compared to the conspiracy freaks at abovetopsecret.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top