Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:52 PM EDT
Heads up. Im one of the happy members of WorldBeerDirects Beer of the Month club. In January they sent me a 12 pack that contained one of the finest IPA's I have ever had. I ended up ordering another case of it last week since I cant find it locally and the brewery, Frederick Brewing Co. cant hook me up with a local distributer.
Anyway for what its worth the beer is Wild Goose India Pale Ale.   Its won several taste awards according to the info I got with it. Dont confuse it with Goose Bay which tastes like Goose piss.
Its hoppy but not so much so it takes away from the overall flavor of the beer.
Its brewed in MD and if you live in that region I cant imaging not knowing about it.
Anybody got another favorite ale they like?  
Beer is good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]

IBNT!
(In Before Napoleon Tanerite)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IBNT!

(In Before Napoleon Tanerite)

speedy bastard!  that's what i get for spending time trying to track down a pic of Serenity for the spaceship thread

and if it doesnt say Samuel Adams on it, it's second rate IMO
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Local Houston brewery (St. Arnolds) makes a seasonal called OktoberFest.  Its a micro and only available a few months outta the year  Its my favorite beer
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Best beer Ive ever had was Old Leghumper made by thirsty dog brewing company. Sadly the company folded and I dont think anyone makes it anymore. If anyone knows otherwise please fill me in
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If I can see light through it, I don't drink it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I encourage anyone who likes beer, not the mass packaged pisswater racecar sponser stuff (if thats what you like enjoy) that I have found the beer of the month club to be bright spot in the month when the DHL driver shows up. Its $30 a month for a 12 pack and when you figure a 6 pack of good beer goes for about $10 its not that bad when you consider its shipped to your door and you get to try beers from around the country.  Local microbrews tend to be good and I had a local double casked IPA last Sat that was tremendous.  
I still drink the cheap stuff when Im at events like Colts games when thats all there is but when I can choose I wont drink anything but a decent beer.
My favorite of late in the easily available stuff is Bass Ale.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Leinenkugels
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Best stuff I've found...

It's an easy drink, mild and tasty and you can drink the crap out of it. Yum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know that I'd call it one of the best in the US (unless the best list got HUGE), but it is damn good.  It's very drinkable for an IPA, has the great flavor without the bitterness of so many other IPA's.  People who might not like a full-blown mouth-puckering hop explosion stand a much better chance of taking a nice big gulp, smiling, and proclaiming "Hey...that's some really good beer."

Think I'll pick up a sixpack next week when I've finished up the Naproxen for my tendonitis (drinking alcohol while taking it increases the likelihood of developing dangerous stomach bleeding).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Terminal Gravity IPA, from Enterprise, Oregon, is the best IPA.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
pussies.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
pussies.

www.laurence-davis.co.uk/images/jamesons.jpg

Irish Whiskey =  Tastes like an ashtray.

Real men drink bourbon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pussies.

Real men drink bourbon = (sweetened irish whiskey .

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pussies.

Real men drink bourbon.

+1

Bourbon>Tennesee Whiskey>Canadian Whiskey>Scotch Whiskey>Irish Whiskey
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Man, I thought you were talkin about 'Stones!

I loves mah 'Stones!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.neonsign.com/eng_inflatables/images/shinerbockbottleinf.jpg

If Texas had a state religion, it'd be that.

Why do they even fucking sell anything else in Texas?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#18]
FAT TIRE is the best I've ever had, but I've only been legal 3 months.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
FAT TIRE is the best I've ever had, but I've only been legal 3 months.

It's pretty good, but I wont be legal for like 2 years, 3 months a while.  

My local grocery store actually has EVERYTHING.

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company _, Fat Tire, Samuel Smith's Outmeal Stout, various Samuel Adams, and much much more.  They keep it all on the left, while the piss water / 40s are on the right.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
FAT TIRE is the best I've ever had

, but I've only been legal 3 months.

Fat Tire aint bad..... but lordy lordy there is a LOT better.  Your beers tastes will change a LOT over the next 10 years.  I never met anyone at 31 who liked anything NEAR what there preferred at 21.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have do idea.   if it was a religion I'd at least make altar boy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big state - I go to the church across the street:

Brewed and available only in Texas.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#23]
My Belgian brother in law introduced me to Belgian beer.  I'm forever in his debt.  My favorites are:

Gulden Draak, (a dark triple)
Augustijn Ale
St. Sebastian Ale
Chimay (Red or Blue label)
Grimbergen
Delerium Tremens
Leffe Brune

There's a new Canadian brewery called Unibroue that produces some fine Belgian style beers, Trois Pistoles being the best.  But be warned, Belgian beer is stronger than most, typically about 10% or better.  Arrogant Bastard Ale is my favorite American Beer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#26]
FREE!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:15:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't know that I'd call it one of the best in the US (unless the best list got HUGE), but it is damn good.  It's very drinkable for an IPA, has the great flavor without the bitterness of so many other IPA's.  People who might not like a full-blown mouth-puckering hop explosion stand a much better chance of taking a nice big gulp, smiling, and proclaiming "Hey...that's some really good beer."

Think I'll pick up a sixpack next week when I've finished up the Naproxen for my tendonitis (drinking alcohol while taking it increases the likelihood of developing dangerous stomach bleeding).

Ahh, so you have had it.  I agree about it not being overly hoppy. IPA is my favorite type beer.  I know that this beer won several international awards recently. If its not the best single beer Ive ever had its got to be one of.
I cant drink wheat beer, it tastes like Im drinking bread
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Its sad, there are SO MANY good beers to try and only so much time,,,,,
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Best beer Ive ever had was Old Leghumper made by thirsty dog brewing company. Sadly the company folded and I dont think anyone makes it anymore. If anyone knows otherwise please fill me in

They still sell it at a store near me. Great stuff.  maybe i should check the expiration date?  

Great Lakes Christmas Ale is the absolute best beer in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone else have friends that refuse to drink any other beer besides Coors Light and Bud Light?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Lowebrau Pilsner, only available in and around Munchen, Germany.

Hands down the best beer I have ever tasted.

I I've been tasting them for 20 years, around the world.  Including 3 years in Germany.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#35]
IPAs are a little too hoppy for my taste.  I've had the Wild Goose...it's not bad.  But it's not the Dark Nectar of the Gods® either.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I like Sam Adams/ SA light. It is easy to find here and most food places serve it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I hate American brewers that call their product an IPA but then they load it down with Cascade hops. WTF ? It's supposed to be a British beer. You can't even get Cascade hops over there.

Sometimes they'll use the term American Style IPA to try to cover their ass.

A true IPA should use Fuggles, East Kent Goldings or a least a Euopean hop, but not something grown from the American Northwest with that distinctive Cascade taste. They should at least use a Fuggles clone like Willamet instead!

Ed
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Golden Monkey from the Victory Brewing Co. in Downingtown, PA

Yuengling is also one of my favorite local brewers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I like Guiness Draught the most but I love all sorts of beers.  Shiner is definitely up there!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Prescott Brewing Company's Ponderosa IPA is awesome, and I recently had a double IPA(can't remember the brand, it was at the Flying Saucer in Ft Worth) that was unbelievable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone tried Sam Adams' new Brown Ale?  Almost as good as Newcastle but at Sam Adam's prices.  I'm liking it.  Also into Rogue Dead Guy Ale right now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Bah.

Irish whiskey tastes like it was distilled from peat moss and cowshit fermented in Rosie O'Donnell's Douchebag.

SG

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah.

Irish whiskey tastes like it was distilled from peat moss and cowshit fermented in Rosie O'Donnell's Douchebag.

SG

OUCH!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Alaska Brewings Amber & winter beer is my favorite.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Man I must have shit taste, I like Rolling Rock.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I prefer fuller IPAs like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

www.frederickbrewing.com/FBCFamily2.html

Hey, you're in luck (twice).  Still in business and it's part of a brewing company family that produces this Goose Bay beer
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top