Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:53:48 PM EDT
I'd say this time he would win a lot of  states during the primary.

Maybe the county needed an Obama to wake up.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
in on 1
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

He'd lose every single state...

And if he runs, I'll bet you $500 that he does...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, they said that last time and he won a amazing <1%.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Run to where    Under the covers  
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd vote for him, but we already know where this thread is going.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]
lol.  Just because the Republicans currently sound all excited about the idea of small government doesn't mean they're actually going to vote for small government.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd say this time he would win not even one of the states during the primary.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
As vain as this sounds..
(And I HATE people that voted for Obama because of race or charisma)

Ron Paul is a wirey, shrill voiced little dude.

I support what he says, but he will never be president.

Ron Paul is right in the spot he needs to be. He is more good to us as congressman that will point fingers at the administration and cause a stir.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Need another Ross Perot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol.  Just because the Republicans currently sound all excited about the idea of small government doesn't mean they're actually going to vote for small government.

Pretty much this.

I'm sure the Democratic party will be happy to help Ron Paul campaign though... or did they manage to get that practice banned after the GOP was working to help the Green Party splinter the democratic vote?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasn't ready to vote for him in 2008, but I would if he ran again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure vote for Ron Paul if you think our military is the reason 9/11 happend, that we turned Iraq into the world’s leading breeding ground for terrorists, and the US plans, initiates and wages wars of aggression.  This information came straight from http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/national-defense/.  He's not someone I want representing me because he doesn't represent anything I believe in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Perfect time for Ron Paul to run in 2012 draw votes away from the Republican candidate, ensuring Obama wins reelection
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not quite sure who would be worse, RP or BHO.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that bet

ETA: only if he is the candidate for the repubs
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#16]
No.

Ron Paul is like Kay Hutchison (in this way only): good where they are, but when they try to bite off more than they can chew, they fall flat. Ron Paul will NEVER be president and will only make an ass of himself trying to become president, the same way Kay's making an ass of herself trying to become governor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Run to where
Under the covers

Naw, to the Psycho ward, to get some Med's.

That boy is a Half A Bubble Off Plumb.

Win a few states, right.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll take that bet

That will never happen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Is he still batshit crazy?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly Dave_A, can you find one decent thing to say about the man. Just one for Christ sakes. How about he's faithful to his wife? He loves the Constsitution? He's the ONLY Congressman that doesn't participate in the congressional retirement plan and returns all unspent money from his Congressioal office to the treasury?  WTF dude?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You RP guys need to get over it.  He is not a viable candidate.  Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that bet

the bet is for the primary not the general. You'd be a fool to even think twice on taking it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Even people who said they would vote for Paul during the last election didn't vote for him when it came time to pull the lever.  I'm the only person I now personally who voted for Paul.  I knew about a dozen more who agreed with his positions as a candidate.  Most voted for someone else so that McCain woudln't get the nomination.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Fucking hypocrites.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure vote for Ron Paul if you think our military is the reason 9/11 happend, that we turned Iraq into the world’s leading breeding ground for terrorists, and the US plans, initiates and wages wars of aggression.  This information came straight from http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/national-defense/.  He's not someone I want representing me because he doesn't represent anything I believe in.

OIF vet chiming in here...

1) Not the military directly, but the use of our military has made some folks in other countries pretty mad.  You cant deny that.

2)  Iraq IS a huge training ground for muj terorrists.  I PERSONALLY found coloring books made to teach kids on how to make IEDs and how to kill Humvees with RPGs

3) We may have our heart in the right place with OIF but they dont see the world like we do.  To them we are most certainly aggressors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Aren't you the guy who said he doesn't vote anyways?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You RP guys need to get over it.  He is not a viable candidate.  Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.

I will never vote for a candidate I don't believe in.  That's why we are in this mess.  Electability didn't keep Obama out of the white house this time, why think it will next time?  What the message it sends?  Voting for guys like Ron Paul shows that we are serious about less intrusive government.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Need another Ross Perot.

So he can deliver another Obama term, just like Ross delivered us 2x of BJ Bill?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that bet

I'm talking about the primaries.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

CTbuilder one I like you man but Obama can actually win. He did. I sure as hell aint putting any energy twords him getting relelected.
The reason the best guy is not getting elected is because we all vote lesser of two evils.
Fuck both major parties. They are killing this country.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm talking about the primaries.

My mistake
read thread wrong
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly Dave_A, can you find one decent thing to say about the man. Just one for Christ sakes. How about he's faithful to his wife? He loves the Constsitution? He's the ONLY Congressman that doesn't participate in the congressional retirement plan and returns all unspent money from his Congressioal office to the treasury?  WTF dude?

Yes, actually, I can...

Ron Paul is right on the money as a supporter of free trade.

There...

Surprised?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
As vain as this sounds..

Ron Paul is right in the spot he needs to be. He is more good to us as congressman that will point fingers at the administration and cause a stir.

Then support one of the Ron Pauls that are running in 2010. He's getting old and we need more of him.

http://www.schiffforsenate.com/

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

http://www.medinafortexas.com/

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/

http://www.rjharris2010.com/
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He'll be too old in 2012
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]
OST.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, actually, I can...

Ron Paul is right on the money as a supporter of free trade.

There...

Surprised?

About the only thing I can think of from what Ron Paul supports vis a vis our relations with other countries that isn't completely fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OIF vet chiming in here...

1) Not the military directly, but the use of our military has made some folks in other countries pretty mad.  You cant deny that.

2)  Iraq IS a huge training ground for muj terorrists.  I PERSONALLY found coloring books made to teach kids on how to make IEDs and how to kill Humvees with RPGs

3) We may have our heart in the right place with OIF but they dont see the world like we do.  To them we are most certainly aggressors.

Regarding #3. There is no such thing as moral relativism. There is such a thing as true right and wrong. We are right they are wrong, deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry guys you had your chance and you blew it, this country would be a much better place if republicans actualy belived in freedom instead of just giving it lip service.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never vote for a candidate I don't believe in.  That's why we are in this mess.  Electability didn't keep Obama out of the white house this time, why think it will next time?  What the message it sends?  Voting for guys like Ron Paul shows that we are serious about less intrusive government.

I wouldn't ever vote for RP because he does not represent me at all.  All the people that think that he is the magical candidate who will ride in on a white horse and turn the country around are just as delusional as the Obamabots.  RPs cult like following is similar to Obamas.  How long has he been in congress for and what has he really accomplished?  Sure, he has some good ideas, and is a principled man, but he has some off the wall ideas as well.  His foreign policy being the worst of them all.  Once again he is not a viable candidate but his supporters never really understood that to begin with and I don't ever expect them too.  

How about we try focusing on good conservatives who actually stand a chance.  Like Jim Demint.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Paul can't even get voters from his own party... you expect independents and a tiny handful of democrats to vote for him!?!?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't ever vote for RP because he does not represent me at all.  All the people that think that he is the magical candidate who will ride in on a white horse and turn the country around are just as delusional as the Obamabots.  RPs cult like following is similar to Obamas.  How long has he been in congress for and what has he really accomplished?  Sure, he has some good ideas, and is a principled man, but he has some off the wall ideas as well.  His foreign policy being the worst of them all.  Once again he is not a viable candidate but his supporters never really understood that to begin with and I don't ever expect them too.  

How about we try focusing on good conservatives who actually stand a chance.  Like Jim Demint.

He's not a viable candidate if you let the media guide your choice. Are you a media puppet or Constitutionalist first and foremost?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you the guy who said he doesn't vote anyways?

Yes, but that has little to do with which pinko sixty million or so Republicans are going to vote for in 2012.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Paul can't even get voters from his own party... you expect independents and a tiny handful of democrats to vote for him!?!?

Without 'BushHitler's Evil War' to rant against, and with The 0 refusing to enforce federal pot laws...

His (D) following will be back on their side of the aisle next election...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As vain as this sounds..

Then support one of the Ron Pauls that are running in 2010. He's getting old and we need more of him.

http://www.schiffforsenate.com/

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

http://www.medinafortexas.com/

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/

http://www.rjharris2010.com/

Yeah, go Peter Schiff!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Oh and that Joe Wilson guy would be a good presidential candidate IMHO
Hell he even has more than 140 days of experience, so he's qualified and experienced enoguh!

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

and this is why we're fucked.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CTbuilder one I like you man but Obama can actually win. He did. I sure as hell aint putting any energy twords him getting relelected.
The reason the best guy is not getting elected is because we all vote lesser of two evils.
Fuck both major parties. They are killing this country.

Unfortunately the Republican party is all we have.  It just needs to be reformed.  There are people in the party that are good and we need to flush out the ones that aren't.  I think Ron Paul has a place in the party just not in the white house.  I'm not a Paul hater, he's just not my guy.  South Carolina is where it's at for me right now.  I'm pretty pissed that Sanford blew it but Demint is GTG and Wilson has some momentum behind him right now.  It's possibel to revitalize the party but there is some compromise that has to take place.  I look for about 80% in my candidates because I reaalize that a candidate can't please 100% of the issues for 100% of the voters.  When we all can accept this then we can move forward as a party.  But the candidate has to have a sturdy conservatiuve foundation in place with emphsis on fiscal conservatism.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and this is why we're fucked.

I disagree.  We have strong viable contenders in the party already.  And I';m not talking about the usual suspects like Romney either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm a Paul fan, but in 2012, he will be
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top