Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:29:10 PM EDT
Years ago, my grandparents would stock up on Pepsi for me.  They would buy Pepsi in the 16oz glass bottles, they came in cardboard packs of 8 I believe.  The last time I remember finding the glass bottles was around 1993 or 1994.  Now, I can't find them anywhere.  

Recent story... I was led on a wild chase to find Pepsi in the glass bottles.  I called up the bottling distributer here in Buffalo, NY because I was told they still bottled them there.  They went on to tell me that they haven't actually bottled them there in years.  But they passed me on to the Pepsi headquarters in Utica, NY.  They went on to tell me that the nearest place that still bottled in the glass bottles was in Queens, NY.  So I call them up.  They go on to tell me that they can't sell direct to the public.  They can however sell to bars and caterers.  What their reason was for not selling to the public I can't remember.

Anyhow, since there are people from all over on this board, there has to be someone who has seen Pepsi in the glass bottles somewhere.  I'm starting to get sick of the plastic and metal taste found in Pepsi now.  Glass will be my only remedy.

Please Help!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen any in a while but it also seems to be colder in the glass bottle
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I know you can get old skool glass-bottled Coke at el Mercado Hispano
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Pepsi in glass bottles is only outdone by beer in bottles.

I remember those days.  Pepsi seems to have much more "bite" out of the glass bottles.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Find some Mexican Coke or Pepsi. They're made with real sugar instead of corn syrup. They taste right, like they used to taste.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved Mountain Dew in the 16oz. glass bottles, alas, I can't go to the Bodega to buy Mountain Dew with sugar, for some reason they don't make it in Mexico.

When I am near the Mexican quarter, I will buy Coke in the bottles and bring it to my mom. Good stuff.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Find some Mexican Coke or Pepsi. They're made with real sugar instead of corn syrup. They taste right, like they used to taste.

I found a place online that sells Mexican Pepsi in 12oz glass bottles.  But... they're around $1.25 a bottle.  Add in shipping, and that's a lot for the amount of Pepsi I want to consume.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was little, my dad worked for a local Pepsi bottler. We used to go in and get them fresh off the bottling line. Talk about good.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Years ago, my grandparents would stock up on Pepsi for me.  They would buy Pepsi in the 16oz glass bottles, they came in cardboard packs of 8 I believe.  The last time I remember finding the glass bottles was around 1993 or 1994.  Now, I can't find them anywhere.  

Recent story... I was led on a wild chase to find Pepsi in the glass bottles.  I called up the bottling distributer here in Buffalo, NY because I was told they still bottled them there.  They went on to tell me that they haven't actually bottled them there in years.  But they passed me on to the Pepsi headquarters in Utica, NY.  They went on to tell me that the nearest place that still bottled in the glass bottles was in Queens, NY.  So I call them up.  They go on to tell me that they can't sell direct to the public.  They can however sell to bars and caterers.  What their reason was for not selling to the public I can't remember.

Anyhow, since there are people from all over on this board, there has to be someone who has seen Pepsi in the glass bottles somewhere.  I'm starting to get sick of the plastic and metal taste found in Pepsi now.  Glass will be my only remedy.

Please Help!

this was your post 223...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw no-shit glass bottled Coke the other day while Mrs. Doorgunner and I were out Xmas shopping.  That stuff always seemed to taste the best out of glass.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
How much we miss the 60's & 70's, I do a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top