Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 7:24:46 PM EDT
I started wearing glasses about 7 years ago and haven't been back to the eye doc since then. What's the normal amount of time to go before you need new glasses?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I already need a stronger prescription and I got mine in may 2005. But then I'm young.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
How old are you?

Mine haven't changed in a couple years, but I'll probably need a new presrciption at my next checkup.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I got new glasses last fall, and the prescription hadn't really changed much from when I got my last 2 pairs... oldest being in 2000.  I can still wear that old pair comfortably, aside from all the scratches on the lenses.  Your eyes may vary... if it's been that long, I'd definitely spring for new glasses either way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I think "they" recommend another check-up every 2 years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine hasnt changed in ten years.  Actually, about 15 years ago when I started wearing contacts, it improved after a few years from -2.25 in both eyes to -1.75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top