Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:47:34 PM EST
This is not directed at people who know what the fuck they are doing which is usually business travelers or people who travel a lot. What the hell is wrong with some people who carry on? I recently had 4 flights (2 there, 2 back) and without fail every flight it took forever to unload the plane because retards couldn't figure out how to get their bags out of the overhead bin. I swear they should let people who don't carry on off first so they don't get caught up in the log jam that inevitably occurs when the flight lands and people get up to get their bags.

Every flight there was a handful of idiots who took their sweet ass time finding and then getting their bags out of the overhead bin. Meanwhile while they are out there in their own fucking world, the whole plane is standing waiting for them to get their bags. There was this one lady who first couldn't remember where her bag was and then when she found it she proceeded to unzip a pocket and starting putting stuff in the suitcase while it was still in the bin. I mean what the fuck. I seriously wanted to tell her to rip that shit out of there and get off the fucking plane, you can do that in the terminal. I swear Christ people are fucking stupid.

/rant
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:48:09 PM EST
4/10
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:50:11 PM EST
I think people with NOTHING in the overhead bins should be allowed to get off the plane first.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:57:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ryan1021:
This is not directed at people who know what the fuck they are doing which is usually business travelers or people who travel a lot. What the hell is wrong with some people who carry on? I recently had 4 flights (2 there, 2 back) and without fail every flight it took forever to unload the plane because retards couldn't figure out how to get their bags out of the overhead bin. I swear they should let people who don't carry on off first so they don't get caught up in the log jam that inevitably occurs when the flight lands and people get up to get their bags.

Every flight there was a handful of idiots who took their sweet ass time finding and then getting their bags out of the overhead bin. Meanwhile while they are out there in their own fucking world, the whole plane is standing waiting for them to get their bags. There was this one lady who first couldn't remember where her bag was and then when she found it she proceeded to unzip a pocket and starting putting stuff in the suitcase while it was still in the bin. I mean what the fuck. I seriously wanted to tell her to rip that shit out of there and get off the fucking plane, you can do that in the terminal. I swear Christ people are fucking stupid.

/rant

I am on a plane about 26 weeks a year (every other week) for work. I will tell you, It is astounding how inconsiderate and rude people can be with their carry-on luggage - just clueless. I used to get pissed about it, but I travel so much, it's now just part of the "scene" for me, and I just fully expect and wait for it.

7/10 on the rant, since I feel your pain.

KOTB
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:57:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 4:59:01 PM EST by dirtyboy]
I once checked all my luggage, if you have to wait for one bag might as well wait for 2. Now that the carry on is free and checked isn't, I'm carrying all I can. Blame the airlines for this one.

What is your hurry? Odds of your luggage making the carousel before you get there is just about zero. Try helping out some next time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:00:37 PM EST
Half the time I just sit and wait for everyone to get off of my plane
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:03:08 PM EST
i hate flying, i hate luggage, i hate people
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:03:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
I once checked all my luggage, if you have to wait for one bag might as well wait for 2. Now that the carry on is free and checked isn't, I'm carrying all I can. Blame the airlines for this one.

What is your hurry? Odds of your luggage making the carousel before you get there is just about zero. Try helping out some next time.

It's not the elderly and women the OP is complaining about (I ALWAYS help them), it's the jackasses who fiddle-faddle about with their shit for a few minutes when it's "their turn". Shit like moving items from the seat back to their bags, moving items from bag to bag, and I don't even know what else they manage to fuck around with. They sit in the aisle the whole time blocking everyone, when they could be in their seat doing it - or jumping up one row of seats. But Nooooo, they just can't "lose" their place to exit, and just selfishly block everyone while they fuck around. Alright, I claimed I was over it above, but it does still drive me crazy sometimes.

KOTB
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:06:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:08:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By KalihiJack:

I do this and it drives my wife crazy, she's always in a hurry to wait somewhere else in the airport complex. Being in the military cured me of this forever ( hurry up and wait ).

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:13:51 PM EST
What is your hurry?

you have to catch another flight that's leaving in less than 15 minutes and is at the other end of the airport

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:16:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 5:18:53 PM EST by floridahunter07]
The only time I hurry to the carousel is if I'm flying with a firearm in an obvious case, like a rifle for example. If it's a handgun I probably won't bother with hurrying because it'll be in a locked case inside my suitcase (which will also be locked too). I carry a backpack with me when I travel and it goes under the seat in front of me. No other carry on bags, ever. If I do take a carry on from this point on it's my pilot-sized suitcase that easily fits in an overhead and doesn't break the door or fall on your head when the plane takes off.

Otherwise, I'll wait for everybody else to get off the plane. I hate trying to squeeze through isles for everything with people pushing and shoving everyone else out of their way. I'd rather sit still until the plane, bus, boat, whatever I'm on, is empty or close to it before I even try to move.

Originally Posted By sharky30:
What is your hurry?

you have to catch another flight that's leaving in less than 15 minutes and is at the other end of the airport

I generally try to plan my trips better than that... I hate rushing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:18:35 PM EST
What is your hurry?

+1
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:18:39 PM EST
3/10
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:19:49 PM EST

+1

Love how people at the back of the plane get up and stand in the aisle like they are going to go somewhere fast.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:21:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By surplusnut:

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:25:02 PM EST
getting on//off a plane is the same experience as driving in traffic.... they have no regard for anyone, anywhere
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:29:36 PM EST
Seems to me the aisles used to be bigger or something. Or maybe people were thinner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:35:17 PM EST

First time I've flown since '86. saw 3 idiots shove their stuff overhead before they got to their seats in first bins they found open.
Then everyone else getting those seats had to stick theirs somewhere else, people going all over after landing to find their bags....
all so these guys had their bags in front as they left.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:42:48 PM EST
People conduct their lives at a snails pace with no regard for efficiency or others. This pretty much sums up every issue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:52:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By Manhattan:
People conduct their lives at a snails pace with no regard for efficiency or others. This pretty much sums up every issue.

+1

In general, people don't pay attention to what they do, or how their actions affect others.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:56:04 PM EST
What is your hurry?

If that is your idea of planning a trip, you better sit in the front seat or beg a flight attendant to let you off first. Sounds like a plan destined to fail to me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:58:01 PM EST
I never check luggage but I am like a lightning bolt in bringing down my carry on and GTFO when the plane lands. I hate slow people too, I promise.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:01:18 PM EST
whenever I travel I usually keep everything I need for a couple days just in case my checked bags are delayed, lost or stolen. Have kept the same luggage for years and never had a problem fitting it in the overhead compartment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:03:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:
Originally Posted By Ryan1021:

/rant

I am on a plane about 26 weeks a year (every other week) for work. I will tell you, It is astounding how inconsiderate and rude people can be with their carry-on luggage - just clueless. I used to get pissed about it, but I travel so much, it's now just part of the "scene" for me, and I just fully expect and wait for it.

7/10 on the rant, since I feel your pain.

KOTB
I once missed a transatlantic connection out of Dulles because of it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:03:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 6:07:00 PM EST by anekrel]
Last several times I've flown, it's usually people whose bags are too big for the overhead compartment. If I remember correctly, the last cross country trip I took, the airline staff got fed up with someone trying to mash a suitcase in the overhead bin and just told the woman she'd have to check it. The woman got pissed off and started to argue––delayed the plane about 10 minutes taking off and I already had a 25 minute layover at the airport I was going to.

I can also remember one business trip I was on where a group of people had obviously brought more items than they were allowed, and some oversized things so there was no space for anyone else's stuff. It's like people play stupid or something about all the literature that's available before you get on the plane on how many and what size items you're allowed to carry.

Whenever I fly I try not to carry more than like a backpack or something else I can fit under the seat.

ETA:

sharky30: About the layover deal. For me personally, the last several nasty layovers I've had (15-20 mins) were on business trips booked by the company I work for. I had no say on the trip planning part.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:04:31 PM EST
What is your hurry?

If that is your idea of planning a trip, you better sit in the front seat or beg a flight attendant to let you off first. Sounds like a plan destined to fail to me.

Uhm, yeah, cause flights never get delayed....

Brilliant.

KOTB

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:10:22 PM EST
Have your bags lost once or twice and you will start carrying SOMETHING on with you.

If I fly, I will have at least one change of clothes so I can go about my business if everything else is lost.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:22:44 PM EST
1. People with stuff in the overhead bins should be last off the plane.

2. They should lower the allowed size of bags again to do away with everyone's giant rolling carry-ons that they stick in the overheads like so many dominoes.

3. If you checked any luggage, you should be forced to carry on only what you can fit under the seat in front of you.

Newsflash mother fucker!! You don't need a change of clothes! Your luggage isn't going to be lost, and if it is, you can buy some new fucking clothes. You're flying for business, you can afford a new dress shirt and an annoying story in the morning about how your luggage was lost.

Most of the time on a full flight, there's not enough room for people to put all their stupid roller luggage in the bins and the retards go around opening all the closed bins to try and find a spot, sticking their dicks in your face as they fuck around with the bin above you, smacking you on the head with their jackets. Then they make the plane late as they wait until the last second to tell the flight attendant there is no room for their bag full of clothes in the overheads. No shit, retard! Bring your god damn magazine and Ipod next time instead of your whole damn wardrobe. Carry on is not meant for your weekend share of luggage, it's meant to hold a book and a girly neck pillow to make your flight a little better
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:24:15 PM EST
on the way to DFW, the plane did not have enough room for everyone's carry on luggage! the problem was the stewardess only putting one or two bags in each overhead bin when they can hold four or five! they threw our stuff under the plane even though we paid more for the seats compared to those in the back of the plane. I hate American Airlines, they screwed us over 3 times so far.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:25:19 PM EST
I never fly w/o a carry on. Like was said; it has the essentials for a couple days.

-shaving gear, allergy meds, documents, magazines for the flight
-change of clothes

In fact on trips to warm climates I can usually travel with just the carry on with no checked luggage.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:16 PM EST
There should be a rule that if an item has wheels it can't be a carryon. Without fail, every incident I've seen with carryon luggage not fitting in the overhead bins involves a suitcase with wheels and some moron trying to cram it in there. And it's not as if those bags are heavy enough to justify having wheels. What the hell is in those things that makes them sooooo difficult for you to carry, lead bricks?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By showmeballer:

+1

Love how people at the back of the plane get up and stand in the aisle like they are going to go somewhere fast.

no kidding, I sit and wait, plane, train, auto, even the theater......I am the last to leave, or very close to it....

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:35:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:

It's not the elderly and women the OP is complaining about (I ALWAYS help them), it's the jackasses who fiddle-faddle about with their shit for a few minutes when it's "their turn". Shit like moving items from the seat back to their bags, moving items from bag to bag, and I don't even know what else they manage to fuck around with. They sit in the aisle the whole time blocking everyone, when they could be in their seat doing it - or jumping up one row of seats. But Nooooo, they just can't "lose" their place to exit, and just selfishly block everyone while they fuck around. Alright, I claimed I was over it above, but it does still drive me crazy sometimes.

KOTB

Exactly. I am not talking about the feeble here, I am talking about the jackasses who feel it is their right or obligation to screw around with their luggage while everyone is waiting.

I almost missed a flight because of this. We were already like an hour late to begin with because of storm and micro burst that were detected so when we land and literally have to run (well quick jog) from one end of terminal A in Atlanta to the other end. If it would have been in another terminal I would have missed the flight.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:39:16 PM EST
They elected Obama, what do you expect? They eat their own boogers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:51:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
1. People with stuff in the overhead bins should be last off the plane. This does not make seem to make any sense. With anywhere from 3-to-5 seats across, if the first two people have overheads, does the guy in the middle/window have to wait with them? Are they going to post security to prevent me from carrying my overhead off with me? Is it going to be another rule that is not enforced (see your #2 below)? Is this going to speed things up really? I am a business traveler who has a carry on 95% of the time. Me and my other business traveler cohorts are quicker off the plane than many people who just have their purse, magazines, bottled water and crap.

2. They should lower the allowed size of bags again to do away with everyone's giant rolling carry-ons that they stick in the overheads like so many dominoes. Actually, all the airlines (all of them) need to do is enforce the existing rules in place, and we would have a lot less problems. It is easily solvable, but no one wants to do it.

3. If you checked any luggage, you should be forced to carry on only what you can fit under the seat in front of you. Yes, all that overhead space should just be left empty. Excellent idea on overall travel efficiency, less choices, more labor to pay for.

Newsflash mother fucker!! You don't need a change of clothes! Your luggage isn't going to be lost, and if it is, you can buy some new fucking clothes. You're flying for business, you can afford a new dress shirt and an annoying story in the morning about how your luggage was lost. Heres a newsflash, I don't carry on because I am afraid of getting my luggage lost. I carry on, because I can fit my "stuff" into a very specific Samsonite "carry on roller" that is designed exactly for overheads. Waiting for 25 minutes for my bags, just because, is simply stupid.

Most of the time on a full flight, there's not enough room for people to put all their stupid roller luggage in the bins and the retards go around opening all the closed bins to try and find a spot, sticking their dicks in your face as they fuck around with the bin above you, smacking you on the head with their jackets. Then they make the plane late as they wait until the last second to tell the flight attendant there is no room for their bag full of clothes in the overheads. No shit, retard! Bring your god damn magazine and Ipod next time instead of your whole damn wardrobe. Carry on is not meant for your weekend share of luggage, it's meant to hold a book and a girly neck pillow to make your flight a little better Nooo, carry one was meant for people who have smaller amounts of luggage, and don't want/need to check it. But, as mentioned in #2 above, the airlines don't enforce their own carry on rules, and there is so many jackasses with luggage that won't fit/is overstuffed, they fuck around. But, they are only a minor source of irritation.

Above in blue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:52:32 PM EST

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:59:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Fatbert:
There should be a rule that if an item has wheels it can't be a carryon. Without fail, every incident I've seen with carryon luggage not fitting in the overhead bins involves a suitcase with wheels and some moron trying to cram it in there. And it's not as if those bags are heavy enough to justify having wheels. What the hell is in those things that makes them sooooo difficult for you to carry, lead bricks?

Good idea. Or, as I have mentioned, the airlines could just enforce their existing rules on carry on baggage size, and we would not have to deal with it. The solution is a steel box who's interior dimensions are the exact size of an overhead. Can't fit it in? You get a bag claim ticket at the gate. The problem of course, is that this means they need to pay someone to stand their and enforce the rule, which is a lot of $$$ over the course of any given day, for any given airline, for as many flights as they launch in a day. Just easier to make the flight attendants deal with it on the plane.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:13 AM EST
What is your hurry?

never had a plane get delayed on take off I take it
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:44:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
I think people with NOTHING in the overhead bins should be allowed to get off the plane first.

We have a winner!

I recently missed a connection because they wouldn't let anyone off of the plane (regional) until the baggage handlers had gotten all of the plane-side checked carry-on unloaded and ready for passengers to grab as they got off.

What the fuck? I don't have carry-on and have to wait and miss my next flight? Thanks, assholes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:47:08 AM EST
What is your hurry?

It's not always due to lack of planning. Usually it's the airlines fault for being delayed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:46 AM EST
Man am I glad I got off the flying-three-out-of-every-four-weeks rat race.

What you are witnessing is just a concentrated level of ordinary obliviousness. Most people are utterly oblivious to everything that happens around them. They do not notice that their actions cause problems for other people. When you put 100+ people in a metal tube, it concentrates the cluelessness. Everyone gets delayed by the idiots. It's just the way life is.

When I was flying all the time I always got a seat near the front, and got off ahead of most of the obliviots. It did wonders for my blood pressure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:51:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 2:54:52 AM EST by Kharn]
I have a carry-on that is specifically designed to fit in the overhead and comply with all carry-on size restrictions, I have lived out of that one roll-on and a laptop case for over a week. People just bring too much shit with them.

+1
Some people do not fit well in small airline seats, waiting sucks when you have the chance to stand up and stretch while waiting for your turn to deplane.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:03:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By PAEBR332:
Man am I glad I got off the flying-three-out-of-every-four-weeks rat race.

What you are witnessing is just a concentrated level of ordinary obliviousness. Most people are utterly oblivious to everything that happens around them. They do not notice that their actions cause problems for other people. When you put 100+ people in a metal tube, it concentrates the cluelessness. Everyone gets delayed by the idiots. It's just the way life is.

When I was flying all the time I always got a seat near the front, and got off ahead of most of the obliviots. It did wonders for my blood pressure.

Not always possible when you have to make a reservation for the next day. By then, the only seats left are center seats in the back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:22:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:25:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 3:26:37 AM EST by Po-Po-5-0]

Pretty much covers it ^
Unless I'm back in my UH-1N, every other flight sucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:37:09 AM EST
I'm curious - how many "overhead compartment-ready" roller bags are supposed to fit into a standard overhead compartment? Three, I believe. What frosts me the most is opening a bin to find one giant bag taking up three-fourths of the available space. You should have to prove that your carry-on will take up one-third of the bin space, BEFORE you are issued a boarding pass.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:30:02 AM EST

+1

Some of us are in extreme pain from cramming our selves into those little seats. My knees are screaming after all that time sitting. Standing is a huge relief.

It takes me less than 2 seconds to grab my pack on the way out. I usually get out before those around me have realized whats happening. Some might mistake it for rudeness, but actually I am contributing to a quicker egress for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:35:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By justsayin:
Have your bags lost once or twice and you will start carrying SOMETHING on with you.

If I fly, I will have at least one change of clothes so I can go about my business if everything else is lost.

Try flying continental. I am Platinum on Continental and have not lost my baggage in many years with them. I have lost my luggage nearly every single flight with Delta. Had to wait for it to catch up to me. Once delta had to pay to have someone drive it over 200 miles to catch up with me where I was going to be at.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:38:36 AM EST
3/10 - I'm one of those experienced travelers, and there's enough stupidity on planes to fuel a much hotter rant...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top