Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2004 6:39:37 AM EST
Every so often I'll walk out to my car and find a piece of paper, usually an advertisement for a business, stuck under the wiper or wedged in the rubber strip along the window. While always mildly annoyed at this, I sometimes wonder about the legality. I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:47:17 AM EST
Nope.

Originally Posted By kill-9:
I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:20:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By kill-9:
I mean, if I take that piece of paper off my car and throw it to the ground, I'm guilty of littering, right?

That's what I do..throw it on the ground.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:24:23 AM EST
That always pisses me off because I really cant just throw trash on the ground....granted its not my fkn fault the thing is on my truck, but im not going to trash my own community either.

I usually call the number of the business on the flier and scream at them, tell them a little bit about themselves, and mention that if I catch them touch my fkn truck again the next phone call will be for an ambulance. I know it gets nothing accomplished, and it may be stupid, but I always feel a lot better after yelling at these assholes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:25:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By macro:
That always pisses me off because I really cant just throw trash on the ground....granted its not my fkn fault the thing is on my truck, but im not going to trash my own community either.

I usually call the number of the business on the flier and scream at them, tell them a little bit about themselves, and mention that if I catch them touch my fkn truck again the next phone call will be for an ambulance. I know it gets nothing accomplished, and it may be stupid, but I always feel a lot better after yelling at these assholes.

Ever consider enrolling in Anger Management?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:28:24 AM EST

Ever consider enrolling in Anger Management?

I already manage to get very angry....why would I need a class?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:35:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 8:37:22 AM EST by kill-9]

While I can't say my reaction is quite that, uh, passionate, I have been known to call them and politely tell them that their flyer backfired.

The reason I posted this is that I walked out to my truck this morning and found a flyer on it...from the local PD's "crime prevention" section, suggesting that I not leave valuables in my car. I even saw the cop walking around putting them on cars. He told me, "we're just trying to help people from getting their things taken". I didn't object...I'm pretty sure I saw a tazer on his utility belt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:10:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:13:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/30/2004 6:15:00 PM EST by ar50troll]

I do the same, but from a pay phone and change ambulance to hearse and add a little more graphic language.
Then call from home later and complain like a normal person. Usually they exlpain that due to fear for their staff they have changed their policies and no longer flyer cars.

Feels better than littering
Top Top