Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:43:09 AM EDT
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608253026&category=31709]Look at this bullshit![/url]

THIS INCLUDES: UPPER 9MM BARREL 16 1/2 INCHES IN LENGTH FROM FLASH HIDER TO CHARGE HANDLE
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
check out his other auctions
I smell a setup
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
check out his other auctions
I smell a setup
View Quote

I'd have to agree ,look at the pic,
thats no 16 1/2 inch barrel.
[img]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_f2c2736d75f7c20c31ac83d0e589681e/i-1.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
He also has a thing for Victoria's Secret bras...size 38D.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
If it said "pistol upper" or "SBR upper" it would be cool, but this is just a simple case of fraud!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
one way or another that is going to get someone in trouble.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
jrzy, look at the description closer.  It says the 16.5 is from the flash hider to the [i]charging handle[/i].
What legitimate gun owner makes a mistake like that?  'Taint a mistake.

edited again because I spell and read like a moderator.
View Quote

Yeah I was skipping over most of the obvious,LOL

[red] AR15/M16 COLT TYPE-UPPER 9MM CONVERSION    $575.00
-
5 hours, 21 mins +  
1993 Bill Clinton Inaugration Button    $3.00
-
May-24-03 18:41:58  
Bill Clinton For President Button    $1.99
-
May-24-03 18:45:57  
Bill Clinton "Friend of Bill" Button [/red]

WTF is he doing with clinton buttons?
he might sell that upper if he includes some "special" clinton targets with his upper 4 sale  

(edited because I spell like Doublefeed,LOL)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I think he sold this once alread ,look at the pic in the second auction,he then says this pic is for reference only,Hmmmmm?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31709&item=3604609765[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
At least his post contains this:

.** ALL BATF LAWS/REGS. APPLY.
View Quote

Another case of watch yo' ass!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
here's his feed back page ,he has a guy calling him a crook right on top but no feedback from the other upper buyer,hmmmmmmm?
[url]http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bandit6056[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
here's his feed back page ,he has a guy calling him a crook right on top but no feedback from the other upper buyer,hmmmmmmm?
[url]http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bandit6056[/url]
View Quote

It's hard to get on eBay from jail.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#14]
nasty e-bay email sent!!We ought to stay on top of this and anybody that bids should get a email from us.This sure looks like a sting or the asshole is trying to take advantage of the uninformed!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's hard to get on eBay from jail.
View Quote

Coffee on the keyboard,LMAO!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
nasty e-bay email sent!!1We ought to stay on top of this and anybody that bids should get a email from us.This sure looks like a sting or the asshole is trying to take advantage of the uninformed!!
View Quote

Hey GreyGhost we better be careful or someone will call us "Ebay narcs",thats what we will get called for helping to protect the gun loving public like ourslves when we see something really wrong isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#17]
jrzy,sadly you are right on.If some fool gets busted for this the headlines won't read
"Idiot Who Doesn't Know the Law Gets Arrested" but it will read "Man Arrested For Illegal ASSAULT WEAPON!!!!"
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats funny!  He does like 38DD bras.  I wonder what he does with those.  Gun parts and bras!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm confused...  What exactly is wrong with the guy's auction, other than he has to come up with a clever way to word the auction such as not to violate ebay's policies?  Ebay doesn't allow short barrel kits/parts, so he attempts to throw them through a loop by mentioning a 16.5" length from f/s to charging handle - likely their CS has been informed that 16.5" is the shortest barrel allowed, and all they look for is "16.5"".  

I think its pretty obvious to any gun owner what is being offered, just like all the "10 round" magazines being sold.  The upper is completely legal to own by itself - as long as you don't own an AR lower, or provided you have a registered NFA lower.  Hell, it would even be OK if you had a preban AR pistol.  I don't think it is any sort of "sting" as people have suggested, but rather some guy trying to get around EBay's silly policies on otherwise legal items.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm confused...  What exactly is wrong with the guy's auction, other than he has to come up with a clever way to word the auction such as not to violate ebay's policies?  Ebay doesn't allow short barrel kits/parts, so he attempts to throw them through a loop by mentioning a 16.5" length from f/s to charging handle - likely their CS has been informed that 16.5" is the shortest barrel allowed, and all they look for is "16.5"".  

I think its pretty obvious to any gun owner what is being offered, just like all the "10 round" magazines being sold.  The upper is completely legal to own by itself - as long as you don't own an AR lower, or provided you have a registered NFA lower.  Hell, it would even be OK if you had a preban AR pistol.  I don't think it is any sort of "sting" as people have suggested, but rather some guy trying to get around EBay's silly policies on otherwise legal items.

Rocko
View Quote

If that was the case, all he would have to say is that its pistol parts.  Those of us that know, know.  This is a blatant attempt to get an uneducated person to buy illegal parts for their RIFLE.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't see what all of the fuss is about.

All that he is saying is that the whole upper is 16.5" long. Why would eBay look for 16.5" barrels since 16.5" doesn't mean jack shit?

All BATF laws/regs apply says it all. If you don't know what they mean then you should find out before you go around altering the configuration of your gun, or before you start building a gun from scratch.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse and many people just don't care. I can't count the number of unregistered short barreled shotguns that I've seen in my life in trucks and by back doors. Most people don't care if it's illegal or not.

I don't think this guy is lying or intentionally misleading at all. I think some people are just to anal about everything. That's why so many people drop dead from heart attacks. It ain't the cheeseburgers and Marlboros.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All that he is saying is that the whole upper is 16.5" long. Why would eBay look for 16.5" barrels since 16.5" doesn't mean jack shit?

[red][b]Oh no? Tell Randy Weaver that.[/b][/red]

Ignorance of the law is no excuse and many people just don't care. I can't count the number of unregistered short barreled shotguns that I've seen in my life in trucks and by back doors. Most people don't care if it's illegal or not.

[red][b]Then they are nuts! But I don't believe you are correct, most people don't want to go to jail for 5 or 10 years[/b][/red]

I don't think this guy is lying or intentionally misleading at all. I think some people are just to anal about everything. That's why so many people drop dead from heart attacks. It ain't the cheeseburgers and Marlboros.

[red][b]This is the best one yet,you think worrying about violating the laws that govern firearms is being anal?
I would call it making sure you are not violated anally.[/b][/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If that was the case, all he would have to say is that its pistol parts.  Those of us that know, know.  This is a blatant attempt to get an uneducated person to buy illegal parts for their RIFLE.
View Quote

But it isn't illegal for a rifle, provided yours is registered as an SBR or a machine gun.  The ad clearly says all NFA rules apply.  I don't think he's trying to be intentially misleading to anyone buy EBay staff - no more than the guy selling the "10 round" preban mags is trying to mislead the guy from California into buying his mags.  Both just trying to do an end-run around EBay politics, IMHO.

Could he have just advertised it as a pistol upper?  Maybe, although most EBay customer service guys would have probably said, in ignorance, "hey, that's not a pistol, thats an M16!".  Sometimes they require you to specifically state certain things in an ad.  I remember I was selling a laptop one time that they nuked because I said Windows was installed without specifically stating that it was a legal copy, with the original installation media included.  EBay's weird about that kind of stuff - likely if someone notices a barrel that looks a little short like that, they'll nuke the ad if they don't see the magic 16+" number mentioned.  

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm thinking the same thing, Rocko.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[red][b]Oh no? Tell Randy Weaver that.[/b][/red]
View Quote
View Quote

Why not just say 16" then. Whats with the extra .5"? Is that so you're extra legal? Why even measure from the flash hider, since it doesn't mean anything?

[red][b]Then they are nuts! But I don't believe you are correct, most people don't want to go to jail for 5 or 10 years[/b][/red]
View Quote

Then you don't know much city boy.

[red][b]This is the best one yet,you think worrying about violating the laws that govern firearms is being anal?
I would call it making sure you are not violated anally.[/b][/red]
View Quote
View Quote

I think that having a big whining fit over a guy selling a completely legal 9mm upper on eBay is anal. Happy heart attack!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Never mind Ponyboy I just saw where you're from, That explains the attitude ad some other things which I won't go into because I have friends in Texas,LOL
And the city boy crack is funny,I would wear your arrogant ass out in a survival situation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And the city boy crack is funny,I would wear your arrogant ass out in a survival situation.
View Quote

Would that be [b]"urban survival"[/b]? Watching Survivor on TV doesn't count.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

All BATF laws/regs apply says it all. If you don't know what they mean then you should find out before you go around altering the configuration of your gun, or before you start building a gun from scratch.

View Quote

My sentiments exactly. This Ebay ad is just fine. Just a 9mm upper w/ a short barrel for use on a machine gun (which if stated, might get his auction removed).

Start worrying about who your girlfriend is sleeping with.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My sentiments exactly. This Ebay ad is just fine. Just a 9mm upper w/ a short barrel for use on a machine gun (which if stated, might get his auction removed).

View Quote

eBay doesn't even care if it is machinegun parts. I've sold several STEN submachinegun parts kits, and listed them exactly as such, and several other machinegun parts. Do a search right now on machineguns and you'll probably get a couple of hundred hits.

eBay is weird. You can sell all of the DIAS's that you want but don't try and sell an 11 round mag. I think it mostly has to do with them being based in California and having to have the auctions conform to state laws. I could be wrong though, who knows?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top