[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:13:16 PM EST by KA3B]
Whoring
Drinking
What's next?

September 21, 2004

Pentagon wants to make it a court-martial offense to use prostitutes

By Pauline Jelinek
Associated Press

U.S. troops stationed overseas could face a court-martial for patronizing prostitutes under a new regulation drafted by the Pentagon.

The move is part of a Defense Department effort to lessen the possibility that troops will contribute to human trafficking in areas near their overseas bases by seeking the services of women forced into prostitution.

In recent years, “women and girls are being forced into prostitution for a clientele consisting largely of military services members, government contractors and international peacekeepers” in places like South Korea and the Balkans, Rep. Christopher Smith, a New Jersey Republican, said Tuesday at a Capitol Hill forum on Pentagon anti-trafficking efforts.

Defense officials have drafted an amendment to the manual on courts-martial that would make it an offense for U.S. troops to use the services of prostitutes, said Charles Abell, a Pentagon undersecretary for personnel and readiness.

If approved, that would make it a military offense under the Uniform Code of Military Justice to have contact with a prostitute, Lt. Col. Ellen Krenke, an Abell spokeswoman said later. The draft rule is open to 60 days of public comment after being published in the Federal Register, she said.

Officials also are developing a training program for troops and contractors, to be distributed in November. The program will explain trafficking, department policy on it and possible legal action against violators, Abell said in a written statement.

Additionally, the military is reviewing regulations and procedures for placing off-limits those businesses where such activities take place and working with Justice Department officials to tighten rules on contractor misconduct.

Gen. Leon J. LaPorte, commander of the 37,000 U.S. troops in South Korea, said another initiative started on the peninsula has been to “make on-base military life a more desirable experience, and attempt to diminish the seductive appeal of many of the less wholesome off-duty pursuits.”

That effort includes offering expanded evening and weekend education programs, band concerts, late-night sports leagues and expanded chaplains’ activities.

All new arrivals to duty in Korea are given prostitution and human trafficking awareness and the military is working with Korean law enforcement agencies, he said.

“In spite of all these efforts, we know that there are still some U.S. service members, Department of Defense civilians and contractor personnel who may continue to contact prostitutes and, thereby, be construed as supporting human trafficking,” LaPorte said.

NATO officials in July outlined new guidelines adopted to ensure alliance peacekeepers do not encourage sex trafficking gangs by seeking the services of women forced into prostitution.

The rules follows accusations from human rights groups that NATO peacekeepers and civilian staff working for international organizations had fueled the growth of sexual slavery in the Balkans.

http://www.navytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-366817.php
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:54 PM EST
Thats fucked up. Guys are 1000's of miles from home, surrounded by fuckers that want to kill them, and they cant get some suckie-fuckie for money????????????????????

What next
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:22 PM EST
That sucks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:48 PM EST
probably because they are sick and tired of soldiers picking up STD's, and they also don't want to suffer a black eye if some soldier is caught having sex with 10 year olds in areas that offer shit like that.

what's so bad about that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:14:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:

So why do Congressmen still get to use prostitutes?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Originally Posted By KA3B:

So why do Congressmen still get to use prostitutes?

Because the laws they pass only apply to us peasants. Didn't you know?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:23:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
If they pass this regulation, it will collapse the economy of South Korea.

Hey there little yeller sister
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:26:23 PM EST
there is a real problem with human slavery for the sex trade in that part of the world. We don't need to contribute to it.

and anyways, real men don't have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:47 PM EST
AGH! WHAT THE HELL! I thought that shit was already in place. Those bastards lied to me! I can't believe I blew one year of $20 poontang.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:29:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Men always pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:59 PM EST
The real whores eliminating the competition
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:47 PM EST
the worlds oldest profession will never go away nomatter how many times its outlawed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:40:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By painrx:

Men always pay for it.

The first meal is free. Just don't buy the buffet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:46:51 PM EST
More gun control.
Lets just make criminals of good men.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:47:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:49:17 PM EST by Dave_A]
OPSEC issues, probably the real reason...

Makes sense...

It would be a good way for the enemy to 'gain access' to our troops...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:55:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
OPSEC issues, probably the real reason...

Makes sense...

It would be a good way for the enemy to 'gain access' to our troops...

Only a fairly dumb statement, not really stupid, just fairly dumb.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:02:47 PM EST
unenforceable

Those washington jackasses need to stop trying to legislate peoples morals.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:14:46 PM EST
well so much for the most entertaining part of passes to Budapest while deployed to Bosnia.

well the beer is still way cheap, so I guess its not all bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:23:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
If they pass this regulation, it will collapse the economy of South Korea.

and Italy
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:43:55 PM EST
I hate to say this but I am glad I have been out a long time......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:07:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By painrx:

Men always pay for it.

Yep. Men always pay for it. And prostitutes are cheaper than wives.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:47:43 AM EST
bump
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:06:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:08:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:11:06 AM EST
Troops who won't fuck won't fight!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:19:36 AM EST
Sounds good to me, as a taxpayer i'm paying their health benefits!! Why should i pay even more for aquired V.D.?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:35:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fireguy3:
Sounds good to me, as a taxpayer i'm paying their health benefits!! Why should i pay even more for aquired V.D.?

Good idea. They should also be forced to exercise each day, to save you money, not watch TV, to save you money on eyeglasses, only eat healthy food, to save you money, not get hurt, to save you money, not be allowed to get out of the military, to save you money.

In fact, you pay for health bennies for auto workers as part of the price of your new car, so the same laws should apply to them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:36:48 AM EST
I don't think it is so much germany, korea or italy. It's in the shithole places. Look at what the UN soldiers were doing in afrika, prostitution for food.

TXL

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:38:50 AM EST
My Dad woulda been in trouble:

Japan - '46

Top Top