Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 4:53:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They could have returned fire by throwing some of Lady_Glocks confiscated key chains!!![50]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Des Moines airport also had no ammo.  They did on the military portion, but not in the civilian section.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone here has a sig line (sorry, don't remember who) that goes something like "Yes officer it's loaded, it wouldn't be much use as a throwing weapon". Something like that. Well maybe they DO make good throwing weapons after all!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well heres two points to consider, IMHO why National Guardsmen didn't carry live ammo in their service weapon.

#1 As uneasy as it may seam. MOST NG servicemen are not that well trained in combat arms and the stresses that come with fight or flight situations. Sorry

#2 Consider this. Haji sneaks up behind NG Serviceman, cuts his throat and comondeers his M-16, Buretta 92 and now has the means to comadeer an aircraft/kill passengers(More than likely terrorist will not check the magazine or check the body for more).

Sad but true but I believe no state govenor wants the responsability of troops anywhere in his/her state carrying loaded weapons too much room for error, let the LEO's do what they have too (Different jurisdiction) Am I making sense????
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, but they're very scary. Isn't that enough?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I told you all months ago that the NG troops at Philly International carried their single loaded mag outside of the gun. No one believed me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
A fellow worker was in NG at local airport, They also had no rounds in Their's. And the (Single)Mags that They were issued only had 5 rounds.

Pitiful!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I bet the states that would not admit if the NG's were carry loaded or unloaded were w/o bullets in the rifle or pistol.

Typical of goverment, all show, no go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top