Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 10:18:56 PM EDT
Does any one else have trouble shooting with both eyes open on a notch type sight like an AK but no problems doing it with a AR type peep sight?  Any way to correct this, or is it just practice?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, Hate notches.  I just steer clear of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yup, Hate notches.  I just steer clear of them.

+1

ever since i looked through my dad's garand way back, i determined that hunting rifle's notched sights suck

same thing when it comes to AKs and ARs

peeps kick notches' a**.

hopefully i can solve that problem on my AK w/ some mojos....

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Peep is best.

Though with a long sight radius, a notch sight can be pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Peeps are good when you have problems getting a good cheek weld, put with some when the geometry is right good notches are as fast and maybe more accurate.

I get a great weld and picture on both my Browning 45-70 and Rossi M92 rifle and they both shoot great.  I can't get a good weld or picture on my bros Win M94 for anything. All are notch sights.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Peep is best.

Though with a long sight radius, a notch sight can be pretty good.

+1.

I like my rifles with notch sights, but peeps are my preference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top