Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 7:34:31 PM EDT
I am watching the film "Pearl Harbor."  Lots of computer generated stuff, I assume. The scene where HE111s are shot down has to be.  The surviving Spanish versions have Roll Royce engines.  They could have cut out some of the corny romance and cut to the chase.  Still, a well made film. Its half way through, now.  So what carrier did they use for the Japanese scenes?  John
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
go rent "Tora! Tora! Tora!"
the new Pearl Harbor movie blows
to much hankey pankey
not enough truth
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Shrike, I already have the film on tape.  Thanks, John
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The U.S.S Lexington was the carrier used for the Japanese scenes. The U.S.S Hornet (CV-8) used in the B25 attack on Tokyo was computer generated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know but that movie just didn't set with me.  

I thought it was too INACCURATE, PHYSICS WISE, HISTORY WISE, etc.  TOOO MUCH CREATIVE LICENSE

Benjamin

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
When I saw that movie I left the theater steamed...they needed to include the nukage of Japan in there to calm people's nerves.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I think what angers me most about it is that they edited the film to appease the Japanese.  The scene of the Doolittle guys getting beheaded was not mentioned or shone.  Too phoney for me. I won't watch it again, probably.
"Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo," the old film with Van Johnson was much better, too.  John
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#7]
What pissed me off was they basically changed history. They took too much creative license with the attack.

They didn't really need too, there are so many stories of heroism during the attack, they could have at least kept it true to life.

Go watch Tora! Tora! Tora!

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top