Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 3:49:49 PM EDT
Did Pearl Harbor or the WTC attack have greater casualties?
I know some 1100 died on the Arizona, but I haven't seen any totals.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Pearl Harbor had 2000+ Casulties. At the current time the confirmed deaths at the WTC are less, but will almost definitely even by the most conservative estimates surpass that number.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
well they are saying that 4000-5000 people are missing in the WTC.
even if some were to survive the building collapse, the fires, the gas leaks, the human body cant not go without water for more than 3-5 days. unfortunately we are going into the 7th day, doubtful anyone could survive this long.

at least Some of the pearl harbor casualties had an oppurtunity to fight back
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
A total of 2,388 Americans were killed during the Pearl Harbor attack.  Of these, 1,104 were killed in the Arizona when she blew up.  Most of those killed were military personnel.  A couple of dozen were civilians.  This number does not include the Japanese crews of the 29 planes shot down (Some planes had two or three men in the crew.), nor does it include the crews of the midget subs sunk.
At last count, the numbers of dead murdered by the radical Islamic terrorists is nearly 7,000.
I'd say we had more than just cause to go to war and expunge those rat bastards.
I would love to see an Arc Light mission delivered on the cave complexes in Afganistan.  Think of it...flights of B-52s each carrying about 125 750 and 1000 pound bombs...laying WASTE to a huge corridor of territory some thousand yards wide and five miles long.  At Khe Sahn the Buffs destroyed thousands of NVA troops and in some cases those that survived the bombing were so stunned by the concussion they were rendered ineffective.
We're coming for you Osama!
[devil][rocket]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top