Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 12:28:10 PM EDT
OK, on the 22nd of feb I order an xbox360 for a birthday present.  Paypal locks the account of the seller.  I find out this past friday (10 mar) that he isn't sending the stuff out.  Birthday is on the 11th.  I go through hell to get  in contact with paypal to get my money back.  45 Minutes on the phone raising some serious hell and they agree to send me a refund from that account.  But, it will take another week and the guy doesn't have that much money in the account.  WTF!!!!! Will find out how far I have to go to get this shit straightened out, but I am pissed that over $500 of my money is being used by some one else.  Fortunately, fiance' got her tax refund friday and managed to find a core system at k-mart (of all places) and picked it up.  Since I bought some plane tickets for her, we are now even, but I still haven't recieved my money back.  AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
paypal is a huge scam. A very widespread and common practice goes like this:

seller puts item up for sale, buyer buys it.
buyer sends money through paypal
seller does not send item
buyer issues complaint of non-shipment against seller
seller then ships empty box, with tracking number
buyer recieves empty box, and tries to issue item-not-as-described complaint
paypal says you can't change your complaint type, in order to prevent fraud.
furthermore, they have the sellers tracking number so as far as they are concerned, the matter is closed.
YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

I've had this happen to me twice. Both on items worth less then $20. You are a fool to buy anything over ebay/paypal worth more money then you are willing to throw in the garbage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

furthermore, they have the sellers tracking number so as far as they are concerned, the matter is closed.
YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

I've had this happen to me twice. Both on items worth less then $20. You are a fool to buy anything over ebay/paypal worth more money then you are willing to throw in the garbage.

That's nice that Paypal is a willing participant in the scam.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

Paypal is a wholly owned subsidary of Ebay. Of course they aren't going to crack down on this kind of fraud.  It makes ebay look unsafe.  Like it is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well they get what, like 3% from every transaction?  Multiply that by hundreds of transactions, you get the idea.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top