Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:09:43 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a cell phone that allows flexibility for a college student and just wanted some suggestions or recommendations on brand, buying location, other offers, or other experiences with yours.

Tapping the hive mind

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have t-mobile - they had the best straight forward plan with the best rates and coverage areas.

I love not having to pay $30 a month for a cell phone I rarely use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Do you want it for occasional/emergency use, or do you want it for daily regular use?

I use mine for occasional/emergency only, and found Tracfone to be cheaper than going with a low-end plan from any of the companies serving my area.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
gots the t-mobile for like 35 bucks and spent another 100 for the min.   so 135 bucks for 1150 min. good for a year.;  not bad!

wal mart has em- got the min. direct from t-mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Virgin Mobile is good.  I think T-Mobile's new service is cheaper, but I've read that their customer service is your typical Indian outsource.  Can't confirm that myself, but VM has good customer service from my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top