Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 12:42:54 AM EDT
Post your favorite Podhorn stories!

Here's mine.  I call my gunsmith Friday about the status of my transfer.  I don't want to name my gunsmith, as I don't want to make him look bad.  He does not use the internet, so he knew nothing of the Paul308 crap going on.

Anyway, we get to talking about Special Weapon's shitty 'guns', and the name Paul Podhorn comes up!

Turns out Paul was selling guns for Todd of SW for a while, until some problem developed between them, and they tried to sue eachother!  Talk about two crooked assholes that deserve to be together!

So my gunsmith later hired Paul to help out.  Paul had claimed to be a machinist/tool maker or some other shit to get the job.  Paul shows up late to work the first two days!  The second day, he comes up to the gunsmith, and says "I need some help, I can't get the lathe turned on."  Gunsmith walks in, there is no visible problem with the machine:

Gunsmith: "Well did you turn it on?"
Paul:  "I can't figure out HOW to turn it on."
Gunsmith:  "didn't you have one of these at your old job?"
Paul:  "yeah, but it was different."
Gunsmith:  "you mean your old lathe didn't have a switch marked 'ON' and 'OFF'???"

Needless to say, Paul was not working there three days later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
So he's moved his activity from Illinois to Colorado?  I'm surprised a bounty hasn't been set on his head.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So he's moved his activity from Illinois to Colorado?  I'm surprised a bounty hasn't been set on his head.

USPC40

View Quote

Naw, my gunsmith is in Illinois.  One of those fancy HK 'smiths.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, if I'm correct in my assumption, that would have been Pro-Tech Engineering in Barry, Illinois...

Jim Gravitt ([i]Pro-Tech[/i]) is a friend of mine and is only 25 miles away.

I heard that story the day it happened, and it was months ago!

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jim Gravitt ([i]Pro-Tech[/i]) is a friend of mine and is only 25 miles away.
View Quote

YOU have FRIENDS?   Huh?

[:O]  [:O]  [:O]  [:O]  [:O]  [:O]  [:O]

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
HKocher,after you move you'll only be a 40 minute drive from Podhorn.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
HKocher,after you move you'll only be a 40 minute drive from Podhorn.
View Quote

Great, maybe I'll meet him for a beer or something...

Anti, yeah, I didn't want to name names, for fear of people associating Jim with bad people.  Hey, you should have some good Paul308 stories, give 'em up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top