Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:00:09 AM EDT
Last week while flipping through radio stations, I heard him saying that in Japan, they are spending billions on educations (with Paul Harvey-esque repetition), while US is spending billions on an unwinnable war (again, the repetition).

Paul Harvey, good day!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I also noticed Paul Harvey has switched sides on the Iraq War. This will be interesting. Some say the words of Walter Cronkite turned America against the Vietnam War.

We will see if the current administration is strong enough to consider the fight, or will Condi "Kissinger" Rice declare the war won and we will withdraw ground troops from Iraq in the next couple years.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I also noticed Paul Harvey has switched sides on the Iraq War. This will be interesting. Some say the words of Walter Cronkite turned America against the Vietnam War.

Sorry, but somehow I don't think Paul Harvey has quite the same social cache in 2006 that Cronkite had in 1969...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It's also sad when Harvey's son does the the show and tries to imitate his father's way of speaking.

Dude, find your own voice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but somehow I don't think Paul Harvey has quite the same social cache in 2006 that Cronkite had in 1969...

It is quite possible he can turn the 65+ population against the war.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it was Paul Jr. doing the squawking...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Japan can afford to spend billions on education because we spend our hard earned tax dollars for their defense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gray Dawn!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Paul Harvey = Teh Suck.

Sorry, can't stand him.  maybe if I was 70 I might dig him, but I just never got into his little news stories.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I think he has more power than people realize. For a certain demographic, he is their first source of news. And those people are some of the most loyal voters.

ABC & local stations are paying him major amounts of money so he must bring in the advertizers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Paul Harvey has beed dead for years, they just replicated his voice and retarded speaking style and now he is just a mouth piece of the Lefties.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gray Dawn!!!!

The wheelchair is against the wall.  I repeat, the wheelchair is against the wall.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think he has more power than people realize.

Well, since you think so...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Japan can afford to spend billions on education because we spend our hard earned tax dollars for their defense.

And they live in tiny houses and their population is going down.  Soon they will be a nation of doctors with only each other to treat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top