Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/3/2014 1:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT by kap_x]
My old gloves got covered in moose blood and are no longer serviceable.

1) Ideally, I need a pair of light-weight searching/contact gloves that are quick to put on and can be compressed flat for storage in my outer carrier.

2) Summer time won't last forever in Alaska. Anyone from cold weather/arctic climates have some good suggestions for searching/contact gloves that are compact but still keep your biscuit grabbers warm?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:59:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2014 11:00:43 PM EDT by optimus]
Originally Posted By kap_x:
My old gloves got covered in moose blood and are no longer serviceable.

1) Ideally, I need a pair of light-weight searching/contact gloves that are quick to put on and can be compressed flat for storage in my outer carrier.

2) Summer time won't last forever in Alaska. Anyone from cold weather/arctic climates have some good suggestions for searching/contact gloves that are compact but still keep your biscuit grabbers warm?
View Quote

I've got Mechanix Wear ones for both seasons that aren't horrible (Cold weather, warm weather) The winter ones are good enough for just getting out of the squad and stuff, but won't cut it for more than a half hour or so in sub-zero. They do live up to the 'wind resistant' claim fairly well though. The Vents are fairly awesome, or the 0.5mm Covert if you can find them. Thin and light, I just keep them in my cargo pocket year round.
My only complaints is that the velcro on the wrist closures tends to give out well before the rest of the glove.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:12:05 PM EDT
I just wear some Nike baseball gloves. I had some Hatch that supposedly were poke proof and they were great and all... But after 3 years I lost one.

I like baseball gloves because they are sub $20 and are thin enough for what I need.

I don't wear 'winter' gloves because they don't work well with a glock trigger guard.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:40:40 AM EDT
I also use baseball gloves, I use Under Armor one's from Dicks. thin level of protection but still good on searches
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:47:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2014 11:48:12 AM EDT by kap_x]
Clever idea on the baseball gloves. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone who has ever used Turtleskin gloves, how flat do they compact? Can you feel much through them on pat downs?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:31:14 AM EDT
May or may not help, on the EMS side I use Mechanix "touch" gloves in the winter. Warm enough and they let you operate touch screen phones.
Top Top