Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 6:44:14 PM EDT
Now you all may or may not know... but I am a HUGE Star Trek fan...

What got my into it was Star Trek the next Generation. Because... well.. I am the next generation. Later on I watched the old series and thought it was great as well!

But why did I like Next Generation so much?

[img]http://www.granavenida.com/startrek/picardpers.jpg[/img]
Patrick Stewart

I swear... as far as acting... he cannot be beat. He is just so under appreciated as an actor... he was the only one worth a damn in the movie Dune. I wish he had more parts. He just has talent, which many so called actors lack today. How the fuck does the human wasteland Jeff Goldblum be allowed to stand in front of a camera!??! Can we make a fucking law?!?!?!?

I just got done watching a movie of his called "Safe House" [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/91/161191.jpg[/img]

Patrick Stewart plays a character Mace Sowell a former DIA, Defense Intelligence Agency spy in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. His disease is fully documented from onset, through 260 some days, until he doesn't even know who he is.

Patrick does such a kick ass job portraying this character. He goes through the gambit of emotions.

I was surprised by this movie. I never heard of it and thought it would be an insult to his acting abilities being a made for cable movie.

It had everything!

Guns: [img]http://members.easyspace.com/mejensen/patrick/PSSH4.JPG[/img]

And computers. It did borderline on cheese when it came to computers and some of the gun scenes, but I laughed my damn ass off when his daughter was interviewing care takers (due to his Alzheimer's) and is in the backyard doing barrel rolls and target shooting.

I highly recommend this movie, Patrick Stewart can make ANY movie turn out good, although I haven't seen X-Men so that might not all be true, hehehe

I sure love how everyone that "cares" about him disarms him by taking away all the weapons in his house and it ends with him needing one.

If ya come across this flick, check it out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I like star trek also and even safe house its just too bad that Patrick is ANTI-GUN!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
"Make it so"....................
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I LOVE that bald, anti-gun motherphukker.
(From a bald PRO-GUN Motherphukker...LOL)
But Capt. Kirk would STILL kick HIS ASS!........
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I know........ I know I know... so sad..... :(

Weird thing is this movie had a pro gun message... sorta. One line from the girl that was in the movie Father of the Bride (the bride) took one of his many guns away and was all "are you part of the branch davidians?" and later on.... err.. I don't wanna give it away...

But he needs his guns but is left helpless.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes [b]Safe House[/b] rocked!!  Great movie!!
Patrick Stewart is an awsome actor with great facial expressions which he uses very well to compliment his acting skills, something sorely lacking with other actors.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Good thing Janeway ran into seven of nine.........Jahn Luc would have been thinking with his little head.....might have got into REAL trouble.........seriously, I was always under the impression he was pro-gun......not sure why though.............[argue]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good thing Janeway ran into seven of nine.........Jahn Luc would have been thinking with his little head.....might have got into REAL trouble.........seriously, I was always under the impression he was pro-gun......not sure why though.............[argue]
View Quote

When I see 7 of 9 I'm ALWAYS thinking with the little head...PROUDLY! LOL
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Me too!!!!!!! check out the jeri ryan web page.............Patric Stewart......a prominent shakespearian actor as well..........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, you queers can love Patrick Stewart all you want. I'm sticking with the cute babe that co-stared with him in Safe House. Now she was a cutey.  

[kill]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at a convention 2 years I ago (IIRC), and one of the speakers was supposed to be James Earl Jones.  He couldn't make it so I was kind of bummed out, but who walks onto the stage... Patrick Stewart.  I don't remember what he said, but it was just cool to see Jean Luc in person.  Also, I heard him on a talk show once and he was so funny I almost fell out my recliner laughing!  He told this hysterical story about using an ATM at 2:00am in the morning in LA.  He is an excellent actor and it looks like now I'm going to have to watch [i]Safe House[/i] !
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]
There are [size=3]FOUR[/size=3] lights!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
HEY......maybe Janeway and seven had something going.........WHO KNOWS what evil lurkes in the dark regions of the delta quadrant?.......It was too cool when seven said to Harry Kim........."Do you wish to copulate?......I won`t hurt you".....idiot should have taken the borg bitch up on it..........[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
"The line must be drawn HERE! NO FURTHER!! ...and *I* will make them PAYYYY for what they have done!!!"
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw him in a convention about 10 years ago. I'm sorry to say this Frank but he is the most boring of the cast I've seen live.

That being said he was good in Safe House and was great playing the bad guy in Conspiracy Theory.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very good, #1.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn that was a great episode.

Safe House was a great movie as well.  Just happened upon it on TV one evening last year. GREAT film.

BTW, back in college I watched his one man show of A Christmas Carol.  It was..... incredible.  He had a bare stage and the script in his hand.  He kept everyone in awe for two straight hours.  I have it on CD now, but nothing will beat seeing it live.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
black-gun: Patrick  Stewart......a prominent shakespearian actor as well..........
View Quote

Yep, Stewart was a member of the Royal Shakespearean Company for at least 27 years before taking up the captaincy on the Enterprise.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
HEY......maybe Janeway and seven had something going.........WHO KNOWS what evil lurkes in the dark regions of the delta quadrant?.......It was too cool when seven said to Harry Kim........."Do you wish to copulate?......I won`t hurt you".....idiot should have taken the borg bitch up on it..........[smoke]
View Quote

no shit.....damm what was he thinking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Locutis of Borg
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yup, AWESOME episode.
Patrick may be anti-gun, but the blond Borg bombshell Jerri Ryan is definately a fellow pro-gunner.  Mmmmm, Jerri Ryan...just thinking about her leaves an Ion trail in my pants.

For those who remember, here is the song played by the Capt's "Ressikan Flute" - see if you can remember the episode:
[url]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/flute.mid[/url]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh please...

Episode where a probe had taken over Picard that sent him in a dream like state where he lived the life of a man from a race of people who's sun went super nova and all life ceased to exist on their planet.

This was the song played at his son's name ceremony or whatever they called it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a little funny clip I've had for a while.
I figured I would share:

[url]http://www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/Picard At McDonalds.mp3[/url]
(Size - 2MB)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I was always partial to Counselor Troy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I was never a fan of [i]Star Trek[/i] even when it was orginally airing on net work television during prime time.
But I got hooked on the next generation and I think it was due, in large part, to Stewert. There is no comparison between him and Kirk.
For those not aware of it TNN is going to air a next generation marathon shortly after the first of October and will then be carrying the series.

I've got to chuckle when I look at the pic of the guns in the scene above. I'm sure many movie goers gasped when they saw that thinking there were not that many "black gun" in the world. They would shit twinkies if they knew that many people here have that many stacked in one corner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Fan of good acting checking in...I am not a Trekkie....I have a life....The flute episode had to be one of the best episodes of TV I have ever seen....Did ya ever think that Star Drek would bring tears to your eyes?

ediited bekauze i kant spel
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like star trek also and even safe house its just too bad that Patrick is ANTI-GUN!!!!!!
View Quote

Not only is he anti-gun, he hates Americans.  In an interview he blah-blahed about how uncivilized we are, how there is crime around every corner (apparently he doesn't realize that the violent crime rate of his native UK is significantly higher than our's), we are uneducated oafs, and that we are dictators and horrible people who do nasty things to innocent people.  Basically he said we are barbarians.  I don't mind being labeled a barbarian, but coming from a Brit is kind of laughable considering they slaughtered millions of people for money and land and had to have us come bail their pathetic inbred butts out of 2 wars with Germany.

"Do what you will,
just don't watch PS's films because you think he's a great man."
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I watch 'em cause he is a great actor.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Just so you know Stewart is anti american. Over the summer read some quote by him saying in effect America is arrogant. Maybe a good star ship captain, but a a-hole in real life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#31]
TNN has been advertising the Star Trek marathon for several weeks.

I won't watch TNN anymore, because of that fuc*ing bar across the bottom of the screen. Do they think people are so stupid that it's necessary to have the title of the show continously displayed? And their logo in the right bottom corner is so colorful, that I can't concentrate on the program. My eye keeps being drawn to it. It's fuc*ing intolerable!!!

I wonder if an e-mail campaign would do any good?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not only is he anti-gun, he hates Americans.  In an interview he blah-blahed about how uncivilized we are, how there is crime around every corner (apparently he doesn't realize that the violent crime rate of his native UK is significantly higher than our's), we are uneducated oafs, and that we are dictators and horrible people who do nasty things to innocent people.  Basically he said we are barbarians.  I don't mind being labeled a barbarian, but coming from a Brit is kind of laughable considering they slaughtered millions of people for money and land and had to have us come bail their pathetic inbred butts out of 2 wars with Germany.

"Do what you will,
just don't watch PS's films because you think he's a great man."
View Quote

Amen. Unfortunately, with rare exceptions, this seems to be the way most British people feel towards America in general. Toomuch freedom to them, i.e., American's concept of individual liberty, is terrifying and unsettling to them. They really LOVE having video surveillance cams, email monitoring and DNA registries, i.e., "It's for our own good..." Why do I say this about Brits? Because I'm MARRIED to one! And most of my in-laws feel the same way....to the average Brit, we are ALL nuts. (With the exception of my sister-in-law, who sponsored my gun permit to bring a flintlock rifle over to the UK in 1999 for a reenactment, but that's a different story...)

Even ex-mil people I know over there think civilians shouldn't have military guns at all, esp. ARs and AKs.

WW2, exc. for retired people, is in the UK akin to ancient Greek history: nobody knows about it, nobody cares. If you bring this stuff up, you just get funny looks, because they don't understand much about their own history to even judge for themselves what you are saying.

As for the violent crime rate, the usual answer is, "Well, at least we don't have guns here." When you tell them that gun crime is rising since the gun ban, they just say, "well, think of how much worse it would be if there were more guns" "Yes, to fight back against criminals" I say. "Oh no, that's taking the law into your own hands." is the stock reply.....

They just don't WANT the responsibility for their own safety- to admit they should have the right to defend themselves with deadly force is to say that the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-protecting welfare state is a failure. "You think we should be like the Wild West, then?"..... They watch too much US TV- heck, even "Gunsmoke" was called "Gun Law" over there, ferchrissakes....what a distorted view of US reality and history they get from the media!

Two nations with a common heritage, language and culture. Or at least, I used to think so.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Two nations with a common heritage, language and culture. Or at least, I used to think so.

View Quote

I think that the nations irretrievably parted ways after 1776, when the concept of Revolution forever altered the American psyche.  And also, the waves of non-British immigrants over the centuries, from Germany, Ireland, other parts of Europe and the world.

I think that America is more than a country, it is also a state of mind and spirit.  Britain is only a country now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am a big Star Trek fan, and I think the series generally has a respectful attitude towards arms.  I remember a Deep Space 9 episode where a Star Trek admiral says that she understands why "... the colonists sleep with phasers under their pillows..."  Not to mention the last ST movie, Insurrection, where Picard and the crew of the Enterprise stage a revolt, American style, with the ship's supply of light arms.

Which of the series would you say was your "least favorite"?  I would have to say Deep Space 9.  I watched every episode, and some characters were great - Quark, Odo, not to mention the luscious JudZia Dax.  But the guy who played Benjamin Sisko was terrible.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#35]
There is no Captain but Kirk.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Just my humble opinion of course, but Mr. stewart is an antigun, anti American piece of crap.  I refuse to watch anything he 'acts' in.  Just another liberal Hollywood poser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top