Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 9:49:22 AM EDT
This was cut and pasted from planetbattlefield.com so dont shoot the messenger!
The patch comes out in 2 versions, Full en Incremental.

BF2 patch 1.22 FULL 362 MB
BF2 patch 1.22 Incremental 8,9MB

changes:
- Improved Server Stability
- Fixed rank up messages in Special forces*
- Adjusted handling of the Tiger attack chopper
- Added delay for aiming reticule when going prone to all support weapons
- Adjusted deviation on MG36 and PKM to be in line with other support weapons
- Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90
- Fixed Lock on error on certain Oil towers
- Fixed a Great Wall Exploit
- Fixed exploits on Dragon Valley and Karkand
-----------------------------------------------------------
the best place so far to download it is from the EA downloader

Download links (Incremental):
http://www.fileplanet.com/161931/160000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.21---v1.22-
http://files.i3d.nl/download.php?cat=///Battlefield%202/patches/&file=www_i3d_nl__BF2_patch_1_22_incremental.exe
http://rapidshare.de/files/16641338/setup.exe.html
http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=133986
ftp://ukftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield2/patches/win32/bf2_v1.21_1.22update.exe
http://bf2-mods.de/Downloads_3,80.html

Full Patch Download links:

ftp://ukftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield2/patches/win32/bf2_patch_v1.22.exe
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder what Karkand exploits the were referring to.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow I didnt even know a new patch was coming. Thanks for the links.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This was cut and pasted from planetbattlefield.com so dont shoot the messenger!
The patch comes out in 2 versions, Full en Incremental.

BF2 patch 1.22 FULL 362 MB
BF2 patch 1.22 Incremental 8,9MB

changes:
- Improved Server Stability
- Fixed rank up messages in Special forces*
- Adjusted handling of the Tiger attack chopper
- Added delay for aiming reticule when going prone to all support weapons
- Adjusted deviation on MG36 and PKM to be in line with other support weapons
- Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90
- Fixed Lock on error on certain Oil towers
- Fixed a Great Wall Exploit
- Fixed exploits on Dragon Valley and Karkand
-----------------------------------------------------------
the best place so far to download it is from the EA downloader

Download links (Incremental):
http://www.fileplanet.com/161931/160000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.21---v1.22-
http://files.i3d.nl/download.php?cat=///Battlefield%202/patches/&file=www_i3d_nl__BF2_patch_1_22_incremental.exe
http://rapidshare.de/files/16641338/setup.exe.html
http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=133986
ftp://ukftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield2/patches/win32/bf2_v1.21_1.22update.exe
http://bf2-mods.de/Downloads_3,80.html

Full Patch Download links:

ftp://ukftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/fps/battlefield2/patches/win32/bf2_patch_v1.22.exe

Wam-Bam, thank you mam.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Which one do I want?

Full or Incremental???
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Which one do I want?

Full or Incremental???

Full is if you haven't downloaded any patches... meaning You just bought the game or did a full reinstall and you dont save your incremental patches. I used this Link:

Nathan

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
So... after reading the fixes... the main thing that they needed to fix the MOST out of everything, wasn't fixed. So that means the Eurofighter Typhoon's handling still sucks. I noticed the advantage of the Typhoon (if your using it) is the Missles hit the enemy plane while flares are deployed (they are VERY accurate) and it is really hard to get shot down by a Mig-29.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Did they increase or decrease the deviations for the MG36 and PKM?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did they increase or decrease the deviations for the MG36 and PKM?

Kharn

MG36 needed to go up and the PKM needed to go down. I hope they didn't make the MG36 worse...

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Kool, I like the changes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
didn't know one was in the making, i wonder what else they have up their sleeves

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Im glad they raised the P90s RPM
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
didn't know one was in the making, i wonder what else they have up their sleeves

WOULDN"T YOU LIKE TO KNOW!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#13]
It's telling me patch 1.21  is required.......I know I got it. What gives???
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
UPDATE....

Well. I downloaded Euro Forces then the 1.22 patch. Now about 80% of the servers on the Multiplayer list are in RED!  WFT?

Also I used ED dlownloader to install the booster pack yet I have no icon nor any way to get to the EF maps. What the heck did I do wrong?????
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
UPDATE....

Well. I downloaded Euro Forces then the 1.22 patch. Now about 80% of the servers on the Multiplayer list are in RED!  WFT?

Also I used ED dlownloader to install the booster pack yet I have no icon nor any way to get to the EF maps. What the heck did I do wrong?????

Euro force are part of vanilla bf2. Just connect to a server that is currently running one of the euro maps. The reason your server list is in red is because they havent updated yet. Give it a day and they should mostly be updated.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]
EA is really ticking me off now.

I re-installed 1.21 to be able to get 1.22. Now ALL the servers (including BRD) say I can't join because I have a "modified" version.

BTW I still haven't use 1.22. I "must  install 1.21 first"...................What the hell is going wrong?

EDIT: I'm gonna re-install from scratch. Any suggestions as to d/ling patches? Are they even neccesary? All they seem to do is f*** stuff up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I re-installed 1.21 to be able to get 1.22. Now ALL the servers (including BRD) say I can't join because I have a "modified" version.

BTW I still haven't use 1.22. I "must  install 1.21 first"...................What the hell is going wrong?

EDIT: I'm gonna re-install from scratch. Any suggestions as to d/ling patches? Are they even neccesary? All they seem to do is f*** stuff up.

Have you tried the full 1.22 patch? It might fix your problem without reinstalling.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I wasn't able to install the 1.22 patch (full or incr.). It wouldn't recognize that I had 1.21 already.

I re-installed and could get ANY servers with same version. I'm guessing they were all 1.21 and my re-install was "vanilla". I'll try 1.21, then 1.22 in that order on the new install........grrrrrr.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you tried the full 1.22 patch? It might fix your problem without reinstalling.

That's what I did. Full patch install. Cant hurt and it will just over right all the current /past patches.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Holy crap.....what a PITA. I got it all working now, patch 1.22 and all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the update, I didn't know a patch was even supposed to come out.

I have been too busy playing Oblivion
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Well on the Stat Tracker website it mentions that EA is working on patch 1.3 at this time.  Not sure when it will be out, but keep checking for the news when it is ready.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have been too busy playing Oblivion hr

HOLY SHIT Oblivion rocks.  I am playing the PC version (ofcourse) and I can hardly pull myself away
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT Oblivion rocks.  I am playing the PC version (ofcourse) and I can hardly pull myself away

I know what you mean.  I volunteered to work out of town today and tommorrow, so I can pull myself away from it.

I am playing the PC version also.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know what you mean.  I volunteered to work out of town today and tommorrow, so I can pull myself away from it.

LINK
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LINK

Yeah Slurm, Holding out on me again?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Man, now I hear there is a 1.3 patch in the works. Cant EA get it right for once?

Anyone know why it is when you DL Euro force from EA downloader, there is no option or icon for it? Am I missing something or is it a patch glitch?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
The Euro maps just show up on the server list. The game is incorporated with BF2.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LINK

www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Greatest RPG Evar.  Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion stomps so much ass that we are going to have to start importing colons from other countries to meet up with demand.

Comes in both PC and Xbox360
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LINK

www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Greatest RPG Evar.  Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion stomps so much ass that we are going to have to start importing colons from other countries to meet up with demand.

Comes in both PC and Xbox360

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#31]
After being so pissed off at BF2, I decided to try playing today (installed the patch yesterday). It won't even let me login to the account server. EA, You Suck!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate ea.

Demo Worked great on my comp once I got xp installed instead of 2k.

So I go out and get the full version.

same setup only diffrence is full version instead of demo. Ran like crap.
took it back and got my money back. Fuck EA.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, as usual the incremental patch made my game incompatible with 1.22 patched servers.  I just downloaded and ran the full patch and it worked fine.

Last night there was a quy in the sharqi map that was hiding in that staiway top in the hotel spawn point.  He was prone and could push his head and weapon muzzle through the stairwell wall and shoot people.  He killed me that way and when I went back he was still doing it. .  First time I have personally seen what looked like an obvious cheat.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#34]
It's offical. EA can kiss my ass!  Support weapons are now squirt guns.  It takes 2 C4 packs to kill armor.  I now lag on all the servers not just a couple.  Blue/Red tag is worse. Punkbuster is worthless.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It's offical. EA can kiss my ass!  Support weapons are now squirt guns.  It takes 2 C4 packs to kill armor.  I now lag on all the servers not just a couple.  Blue/Red tag is worse. Punkbuster is worthless.

I thought it has always taken 2 C4s to kill a full-health tank? And yeah, the PKM is now hosed, I cant hit anything with it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it has always taken 2 C4s to kill a full-health tank? And yeah, the PKM is now hosed, I cant hit anything with it.

Kharn

The PKM change is a good thing.  And yeah, as far as I know, it has always taken 2 C4 packs to take out armor, which is the way it should be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#37]
So they ratcheted the PKM down a notch?  That probably explains why there were a lot fewer PKM's on some of the public servers the other night lol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

The PKM change is a good thing.  And yeah, as far as I know, it has always taken 2 C4 packs to take out armor, which is the way it should be.

Guess I always went for the weaker smoking ones.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I so far haven't seen any change in the MG36 as far as accuracy goes.  What was it that they allegedly changed with it?  PKM definitely, but nothing on the MG36 from what I can tell.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
HMM, no wonder my available server numbers have dwindled.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

A good thing?

I was just playing and with people standing right in front of me I can't get hits.

Also I was laying on top of a hill firing down on somebody and not getting hits when I suddenly realized that I was hitting the dirt in front of me. That dirt didn't seem to be a problem for the guy shooting at me though.

This thing now has a 12 inch spead right out of the barrel.

No hits on chopper floating right over my head either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top