Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 4:47:19 AM EDT
[url]http://www.mycfnow.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-152564220020621-210619.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
When I first read the title, I thought these people should have been arrested...Then I read what the Pastor did...and I can tell you if that had been a funeral for one of my close family members, I would have beat the crap out of the Helffire and Brimstone idiot also.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What was the guy supposed to say? God hates liars.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Talk about a kick-ass sermon. Preach it brother Bethel, preach it. hehehe
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Ha! National coverage for this crap! Too funny! My agency has been charged with investigating this because Loxley PD is comprised of "fornicators and are the minions of Satan" as well because there have been no arrests.

During the case agent's first interview with the female complainant (her husband has been very silent about the matter) she began yelling that she was a prophet and had seen the "pyramids of bodies before Sept 11" but no one would believe her. She now foretells of a "plague that will sweep down" on all Police who turn a blind eye to the acts of "Satan's congregation." She then proceeded to call the investigator a fornicator, which he admitted to being as well as being agnostic, by the way, and attempted to "call down the fury of the lord." Apparently the Lord was busy and was unable to oblige. She then stormed from the office.

Let me tell you, the church where this happened is a grass roots, old style Baptist congregation and saying that they were all "Homosexuals, drunkards, fornicators in league with the Devil" and pointing to the casket of the dearly departed and proclaiming that "Right now he is burning in hell and so will each of you if you do not repent and change your lives." could very likely bring much more than an ass whipping!

What a crazy situation! I love my job!  :)
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of reaction did the Reverend expect? Applause?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if I was a LEO and had to investigate this incident I think I would report it as a justifiable ass-whooping.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
1) Its amazing what we get in the "news" these days...

2) I think he called a spade a spade, and that is VERY refreshing these days. No PC BS, no mollycoddling.....called him the POS he was....Gotta love it....

3) Assault is illegal even if provoked. Too bad this man of the cloth didnt believe in RKBA, he could have possibly drummed up more business!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, if you're going to make comments like that, you should atleast arm yourself with some holy water to drive back the evil ones!  

I gotta say, even if he was right, he still deserved an ass whoopin for his insensitive comments.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#12]
They will hate you, as they have hated me. Some of you they will beat and some they will kill.

But fear not for I am with you, so says the Lord.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like he got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
The deceased must have been some kind of "piece of work." It does not appear that the Reverend approved of his lifestyle.[spank]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I think if the Preacher really wanted to make a statement he should have declined to deliver the eulogy...ass whoopin' was deserved...
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#16]
It would appear that the good reverend missed the part in the Bible where Jesus said "you who are without sin, chuck the first rock" (or words to that effect).  I also thought that Christians were admonished to "hate the sin and love the sinner".  Finally, I recall from my Methodist upbringing something about "judge not, lest ye be judged".  This kind of intolerant Christianity is little better than the Islamic fundamentalists who feel free to trash and destroy all they do not agree with.  Besides, I belive God the father decides who goes to hell, not any mortal precher.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This kind of intolerant Christianity is little better than the Islamic fundamentalists who feel free to trash and destroy all they do not agree with.  .
View Quote

So untactfully telling the truth from the Bible is the same as flying a plane into the WTC, or strapping on a suicide bombing and walking into a barmitzvah???

One is speech, which our nation has gone to great lengths to protect, the other is murder. But in your mind, they are equivalent.

OK, then.

Actually, I think you briefly diconnected your mind WITHOUT halting your mouth.

That said, if yer gonna tell it like it is, the Bible says to expect rough treatment.

Perhaps instead of taking out warrants, the preacher outta show the love of Christ and tell those same people the COMPLETE story - that of Jesus death on the cross and resurrection for sinners like Mr. Roast in Hell (said death and resurrection providing them anj opportunity of access to eternal life WHILE they are still living. Once dead, they toast [devil].

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't beleive the price you pay for free speech these days!!!

I think I'll go have a drink, and fornicate...

Damn...  nobody else here...

Hand to gland combat again????

He got what he asked for.  

We all have, at one time or another...

The mouth shot off b4 the brain sparked....

Nobody said common sense or tact were required for a man to be a preacher, did they?

Maybe they should be bulletproof, from here on out....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top