Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 7:18:38 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to apply for a passport, and one of the questions is if I was married, and if so, my spouse's info.  I have no idea where my ex was born, how picky are they on this?  

They also want to know the divorce date, and I'm not sure of the exact date.  Should I just say I've never been married, or will the JBT's come give me the boot?

Thanks,

Michael
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I got my passport about 3 years ago and I dont think I would lie on it these days the FBI might find the error.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm getting ready to apply for a passport, and one of the questions is if I was married, and if so, my spouse's info.

But you are NOT married now, right?  I don't think you would need to provide spousal info if you are not married NOW.  Does it say otherwise?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember right (just sent mine in last week) it says for your current wife, if you have one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, maybe I'll plead ignorance then!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Follow the directions exactly, be honest, and everything will be just fine.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
...and one of the questions is if I was married, and if so, my spouse's info...

Um, if you are divorced, you aren't married...  and you don't have a spouse...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The actual wording is have you ever been married, and spouse or former spouse's info.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put down unknown or do not remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top