Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 10:06:53 AM EDT
I have 9mo old twins, boy and a girl, we have them in daycare and the daycare told my wife that they were going to split them up due to my daughter being a little more advanced than my son. She is not that much more than him, no more than girls maturing faster than boys. At this age they entertain each other and I think they should be kept together. We asked them not to split them up but they said they would do what they could not too.

I think this is unacceptable, there is no reason to split them. The daycare is operated by a church and one of the teachers let it slip that they needed an opening for a church members infant, we are not members of this church so I guess since we are not members we were chosen to get bumped instead of one of the other members kids. We have also had problems with them sending the babies home for nothing, they have been sent home for a fever less than 100.5 deg on several occasions and they are forever needing wipes, diapers and food way before they should be out . What do you guys think we should do pull them out and send them to another daycare or leave them there and let them be split up.

Pic of the babies.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have 9mo old twins, boy and a girl, we have them in daycare and the daycare told my wife that they were going to split them up due to my daughter being a little more advanced than my son. She is not that much more than him, no more than girls maturing faster than boys. At this age they entertain each other and I think they should be kept together. We asked them not to split them up but they said they would do what they could not too.

I think this is unacceptable, there is no reason to split them. The daycare is operated by a church and one of the teachers let it slip that they needed an opening for a church members infant, we are not members of this church so I guess since we are not members we were chosen to get bumped instead of one of the other members kids. We have also had problems with them sending the babies home for nothing, they have been sent home for a fever less than 100.5 deg on several occasions and they are forever needing wipes, diapers and food way before they should be out . What do you guys think we should do pull them out and send them to another daycare or leave them there and let them be split up.

Pic of the babies.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u141/will6101/IMG_20101011_174200.jpg

I would look for another daycare if I were you but you need to get use to this kind of crap just wait till they start school your fun has just begun. I have had to deal with a hell of alot of bullshit from the school that my twins go to. It got so bad that I threaten to beat the hell out of  the principal lucky for him he left the school before I got there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't split, I would find another place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have my twins split up in school, they are in first grade.

My wife and I decided we wanted them to be individuals and not "the twins".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We want that also but I think 9mo is just too young to split them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yank them out and don't split them up.

We didn't split our twins (boy-girl) up until the 4th grade when each went into a gender specific class.

As far as them being individuals- by the first or second grade, no one will know they are twins (our experience).

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Its your call my friend. You are the parent. If the daycare does not abide by your wishes, go to another daycare.

My nephews are twins and I would not split them up that young. I do agree with Justice however once they are older.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Follow your intuition.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did it when they went to kindergarten.

Good luck with your decision.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#9]
TAG.

I've got 8 mos old twins and this is relevant.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did it when they went to kindergarten.

Good luck with your decision.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got an identical twin brother.  We were not split up until the 1st grade.  We did have to start Kindergarden late because we had to take speech classes to learn how to speak english before we were allowed in.  The only reason I could see why it would be a good idea to splint them up is so they could learn english with other kids
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I would not worry about it at this age.  If it is an issue later in life, by all means request different classrooms.  

If the day care sucks, move them now.

and Remember,  NEVER post pictures of your kids on the internet.  

You never know who is looking at that picture.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the responses, we will pull them before we let them split them up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#14]
My boy / girl twins will be 21 in Jan.

Do you want them to hate each other? Keep them together.

Even though they are twins, they are really just brother and sister born on the same day.

My daughter matured way faster than my son.

They were separated at school from day one. They always got along durning school. But by the end of summer they were ready to kill each other.

They are going to be together at home. Give them a break at school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top