Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 7:42:43 PM EDT
Attention all parents:

If you drive your kids around the neighborhood to score candy, you suck!

Teach your kids to WALK...yes, walking an entire mile or two will not kill them...in fact, it's good for them.
Even my three year old can walk 2 miles.

That is all
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Attention all parents:

If you drive your kids around the neighborhood to score candy, you suck!

Teach your kids to WALK...yes, walking an entire mile or two will not kill them...in fact, it's good for them.
Even my three year old can walk 2 miles.

That is all

+ 87 million. Bunch of lazy fucks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
its always cold as fuck here 30F or sub during halloween so the parents are always hopping around in their mini vans rolling up to a neighborhood letting the kids hit the entire street and then drive to another one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Except it happens to be 38 outside with wind where I'm at.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you not heard the radio P.S.A.s demanding we raise money to build parks, and also to 'TEACH' kids HOW TO EXERCISE so they don't get the BEETUS?  Notice all the jillion dollar ginormous playsets collecting dust and cobwebs in the suburbs?  Yeah, I'm with you.  It's time to get the hell outside and get active!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
We get a lot of both down here. I think it's a matter of time before one of these mini van moms runs a kid over. I left my house once today and had to avoid two on my block alone. Things like rear/side view mirrors are just decoration for them.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
In years past we didn't worry so much about kids disappearing without a trace.
Nowdays it seems to happen almost daily.   That is why my kids were never out of sight
while trick or treating and they were driven when long stretches of "dark, unoccupied" houses
were encountered.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
its always cold as fuck here 30F or sub during halloween so the parents are always hopping around in their mini vans rolling up to a neighborhood letting the kids hit the entire street and then drive to another one.

So..it gets cold outside....wear some thermal underwear...

If they have to walk the entire block, then I guess it's OK..still nothing I would do, but driving to every damned house is unacceptable....
I only saw 2 parents doing it tonight...one was some bubba looking dude in a newer Dodge pickup with loud exhaust...looked like a total assclown doing it too..

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It was like 60 here today.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Gonna let mine loose on a 4 wheeler next year!  No need to use sidewalks, just tear through the lawns!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In years past we didn't worry so much about kids disappearing without a trace.
Nowdays it seems to happen almost daily.   That is why my kids were never out of sight
while trick or treating and they were driven when long stretches of "dark, unoccupied" houses
were encountered.

Actually, compared to the '70s it happens less.  The only difference is that it's much more sensationalized in the media now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
We drove mine one year when my wife was eight months pregnant and it was raining and fourty degrees. Does that make me lazy?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone on our block always gets a permit to have the street blocked.  Kids have to walk. No less than 6 house parties going on. Last one, next door, just closed down. Hundreds of kids and their parents out and about. We gave out 4 large bags of candy and ended up getting into a gallon bag of tootsie roll pops to appease the stragglers.

99% of the kids all had a joke to tell and thanked us for the treats. Many babes in arms and many 'babes' in costume. Most popular costume was the princess... also quit a few 'lobster' babies.

Next door neighbors have the annual Halloween chili party. Everybody brings a dish to share. I made salsa with Hatch red chili's, garlic, onions, tomato, cilantro, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Also brought a generous serving vessel (shot glass) filled with ghost pepper and Hatch 'hot' chili smoked on the grill––for the brave hearts. The salsa went over well. Once you learn how to proportion the Ghost chili, it's quite a treat. Wo unto those who get stupid, foolish or greedy.

After the barricades were removed there were a few cars but none stopped for treaters.

Neighbors youngest son brought home 9 lbs. of candy treats. Maybe a 40 minute walk around the neighborhood. Better 'haul' than last year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#13]
What about all of the people from 'bad areas' that don't give out any good candy so they bus their kids in? They suck too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Gonna let mine loose on a 4 wheeler next year!  No need to use sidewalks, just tear through the lawns!

Fag.  3-wheelers are where it's at

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Cold, wet and windy otherwise we would have walked.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I stood outside the fire station for 2 hours today handing out candy.  It was windy and in the thirties and I had a shit ton of candy to hand out.

Kids that ride in cars get one piece of candy.  (I should mention that we are downtown and there is no excuse for using a vehicle to get you kid around.  Park the car and make them walk the sidewalks.  That's what they're there for.

Polite kids got a handful of candy.

Kids with homemade costumes got a handful of candy.  

FF/EMT's kids got a handful of candy.

Kids dressed as FF/LE/EMT/Nurses/Docs/Soldiers got a handful of candy.

Old kids got a starburst.

Old kids that were accompanying young kids and not trick-or-treating themselves got a candy bar or two.

Babies get one piece.  Sorry, I don't give a shit how cute your kid is.  I'm not giving a 6 month old a Milky Way.  Here's a dum-dum for your trouble.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#20]
out here you better give your kids a pack mule and a weeks worth of food and water.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I happened to notice that in my neighborhood last night.

It ain't the kids that can't do the walk, it's their lazy-assed, Obama hugging parents buring fuel tonight and voting for carbon offsets tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I walked 2 miles with my three year old daughter...never carried her once...she walked the entire distance...
If she wants the candy, she is going to walk...it's that simple....I'm not going to raise a fat and lazy daughter.

If you are going to drive your kids...at least make them walk the entire block....

To the guy in the big white Dodge with the loud exhaust driving from house to house..you looked like an assclown....

And no, it wasn't even cold out last night...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was like 60 here today.  

Must be a big temp difference between southern and northern WI.....

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We drove mine one year when my wife was eight months pregnant and it was raining and fourty degrees. Does that make me lazy?

+1.  Daughter is 2 and the wife is having our 2nd kid next week.  We drove around.  Not to mention where we live only about 30% of the homes participated (apparently, Halloween isn't popular with the "Obama community" here in the metro DC area).  

OP, how many kids do you have?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
FUCK THOSE STUPID GHETTO BUSING  BASTARDS! My entire childhood I grew up in a decent neighborhood, but it was on the boundary of the slowly going to shit neighborhoods. Every motherfucking halloween those bastards would get bused in and attack our target houses to the point where people stopped handing out candy. I am talking full on dozens of fuckers piling out of cars, and running like the fucking undead trying to devour the shit. My next to last year of trick or treating, a dumb ghetto bitch almost clipped my little sister with her POS car and my dad and a family friend proceeded to chuck full budweiser cans at the bitches car. She decided to get out of the car and wanted to start something and my mother who was not small by any means, proceeded to beat the shit out of her. After that my parents just bought my sister a bag of variety candy and we stayed home or went to a party instead.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  Daughter is 2 and the wife is having our 2nd kid next week.  We drove around.  Not to mention where we live only about 30% of the homes participated (apparently, Halloween isn't popular with the "Obama community" here in the metro DC area).  

OP, how many kids do you have?

I have a 3 year old girl....

If you drive around from block to block, I could dig that...but every frickin house is being flat out lazy in my book...

And the guy with the Obungo sticker in his window didn't give out any candy....figures...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#27]
If you do make your kids walk, and your streets aren't well lit....

Take one from the Air Force (well, actually, all of DoD):

Make them visible....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top