Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 5:34:13 PM EDT
I was asked a question recently that I don’t have an answer for.

A mom at one of my clients is worried about her pre-teen daughter’s activity on the computer. She wants to monitor the girls Internet usage, chat sessions and email.  

From the conversation, rather than shutting off services, she wants to trust, and verify.

Sounds to me like she wants a net nanny AND a keystroke logger wrapped into one. Not having a child myself, I have no idea what to recommend, if any such software even exists in the legitimate software market.

Would need to run on XP Home edition.

Anyone have ideas?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#1]
If no one has an answer about teen monitoring software, maybe sombody can point me to a forum where I may get a better answer?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard there is Spy Ware you can install that would allow you to monitor what they are doing from another computer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#3]
get a hardware keylogger.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Pearl Echo for multiple PC's with monitoring remotely and Cyber Snoop (haven't used that one yet)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Really, a  hardware keylogger is going to be real difficult for the average parent to use to monitor. And you know - of course - it does nothing to monitor the pre-teen website use.

Cyber Snoop is an Internet monitoring, filtering and control software program designed to monitor and control the Internet activity of a stand-alone PC.

Cyber Snoop looks promising though.

Any other thoughts appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a keylogger for you. It will also send emails to you to know what they are doing.
Email me if interested
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top