Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 11:02:03 AM EDT
Ok,
Yesterday instead of going shooting I got talked into golf.  After a few poor holes I start talking about how I would much rather be at the range and how many rounds I could have shot for what I just spent on golf.

One of my best buddies brother was with us and asked if I was a member of the NRA, I said yes and asked if he was.  He said no.  He was all for the NRA.  He thought everyone should be able to own a gun.

I told him he should sign up.

He said that he wanted to join and get a gun but his, ummm, wife wouldn't ALLOW it.  I said WHAT!  You need to grow a pair.  

He says that he wouldn't feel it was safe with his 4 year old daughter around etc. etc.

So I go into my, trigger lock, gun safe, hidden gun bit and I can't convince him.

I also went into the whole bit about teaching the child right and wrong, gun saftey etc.

Why do people think guns are such a big freakin death trap?  I have always had guns around since I was a kid and I manage not to shoot anyone.

I'm afraid the press is taking a toll.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Have him ask his wife a simple question:

[b]"Honey, do you expect me to protect our family from harm?"  "Without the proper tools, how do I do that?"[/b]

We buy insurance, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and WEAPONS.  We hope we don't use any of them, but we have them "just in case".

The other angle is the Sport of it.  If it's a sport he enjoys, it's really none of her business.

I'm glad I don't deal with that.  My brother is just like this guy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
My Hausfrau is EXTREEEEMLY afraid of guns. She won't even hand me a pop-rivet gun out of my toolbox. But, she insisted on me taking my oldest daughter to the range at a young age. She wanted to take the curiousity out of firearms for her. I gladly took her with me, and I taught her gun safety, and respect for firearms, just as I was taught growing up. I gave her a .22 rifle for her 9th birthday, and she was my constant companion until boys took over her priorities. Since then, all of my three younger daughters,(the youngest is 11, and a pure joy to have at the range) have been given the same lessons. They have been taught safe gun handling, and, this is the best way to prevent accidents. The only trouble is, they leave the cleanin' to dear old DAD!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top