BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 8:48:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
i kinda understand too.  i get the feeling that kids and guns are kinda frowned upon.  not from my folks ofcourse, but from people in my hood.  there is one oldtimer who is a inactive marine and he thinks my weapon is great.  but others on the street see me walking my AR15 to my car to go to the range and they look at me as if i am some criminal!  i also get the feeling that uninformed people think they are always right and there should be no other opinion than theres!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You got to remember anyone over 50 has real trouble believing someone in a position of authority can do something wrong .
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Alot of people think like this.  My wife blamed the husband at first..........eventually I turned her around but it took a while.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My parents used to be hard core Democrats - I even first registered as a Democrat because where I grew up "If you want a job in this town, you better be in the right party."

Then came Ruby Ridge, Somalia, Waco, Elian Gonzales, the Jarbridge Shovel Brigade/Federal land grabs, and the Klinton/Reno reign amongst other liberal agendas including gun control.
Well, it may have taken 50+ years for them to come around, but they made it [:D]

For starters tell'em to turn off the liberal drivel spouted by MSNBC and CNN - and go to Fox News (in fact, I think only they reported on the Klinton land grabs out west)

If all else fails, put them in a nursing home. [;)]

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok I was having a conversation with my parents and I mentioned how it seems nowadays people are considered guilty until proven innocent and than that police/federal authorities dont get in trouble very often when they are wrong. I cited the incident where the FBI agent shot the wrong person in the face. And where the sniper shot the lady holding the baby. Got the typical "You dont know what your talking about there has to be a reason why they shot him" or "She was armed!".

View Quote

Ask your parents what the [i]reasons[/i] were in each of these cases - do they know?

Also, ask them:

1) Why the FBI put away a known innocent man for 30 years in order to keep an mob informant from going to prison.

2) Why the agents who were responsible for this aren't being held to the fire for it now.

3) Why one of these agents has had the gall to state,  "...what are you gonna to do about it?" (according to an "O'Reilly Factor" report).

4) Why the US DOJ won't even issue an apology.

This happened, apparently, w/ former director J. Edgar Hoover's knowledge (surprise!, surprise!), & Sen. Dan Burton was [i]so[/i] impressed w/ the reasons behind it that he stated (on "60 Minutes") that he was going to introduce a proposal to have Hoover's name stricken from all credible mention (Building title names, etc.).

Why are such actions so worthy of blind respect? Good gov't is grounded in accountability, not federal employee immunity, secrecy & obfuscation of the truth.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i kinda understand too.  i get the feeling that kids and guns are kinda frowned upon.  not from my folks ofcourse, but from people in my hood.  there is one oldtimer who is a inactive marine and he thinks my weapon is great.  but others on the street see me walking my AR15 to my car to go to the range and they look at me as if i am some criminal!  i also get the feeling that uninformed people think they are always right and there should be no other opinion than theres!
View Quote
Get yourself a hard case for your weapon.  You don't want to shout to every two bit thief that you have expensive rifles.
View Quote

i didnt like carrying my hard case everywhere (it came w/ the gun)  so my parents got me a soft case this last christmas and has corrected the situation.  the probem is people in my hood still knows what in it.  but i have 2 cases and started carrying it inthem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top