Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 4:43:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
What kinf of plane is that?  It is like the freakin Titanic in there!   We used to stack in C-130's like sardines!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kinf of plane is that?  It is like the freakin Titanic in there!   We used to stack in C-130's like sardines!

C-17

If it were a Herc the pax would have fuel and hyd fluid dripping on them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C-17

If it were a Herc the pax would have fuel and hyd fluid dripping on them.

And everyone would be puking on each other.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome vid, it's good to see people jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

I forgot how much I hated Slipknot though, at least they picked something with double bass for the ending.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Looked very calm when they opened the doors I figured it would be much more wind whippin,etc.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome video!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looked very calm when they opened the doors I figured it would be much more wind whippin,etc.....

On most transport planes there are air deflector doors that open just forward of the hatch.

They angle the air away and prevent a venturi. There are even step plantforms to give the guys leaving a perfectly good airplane a little more clearance before doing such a silly thing
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On most transport planes there are air deflector doors that open just forward of the hatch.

They angle the air away and prevent a venturi. There are even step plantforms to give the guys leaving a perfectly good airplane a little more clearance before doing such a silly thing

Like walking the plank?  Interesting.  

Thanks for the video
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like walking the plank?  Interesting.  

Thanks for the video

Kinda, but there aint no pirates stabbing you on the back or sharks waiting. Just pissed off jump masters and load masters if you take your time.

In the Herc's we could feel in the flight station everytime a jumper exited, there was a slight tug on the aft of the plane on the side they exited. If they went out staggerd on both sides, felt like someone was tapping on the back of the flight station wall, that's where the cables for the system were located and anchored.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Frigging google kills the video quality.  Bastards
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm glad you all enjoyed it.  I'd give a million dollars to relive those days.

Those days of exiting the aircraft?

Or

Those day's of hurry up and wait, inspections, duty etc...?

I miss the Marine Corps each and every day. But there are certain things I do not mis one bit....

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#13]
That's awesome!  I have a friend in the 82nd, and my uncle was a C-130 pilot so I really enjoyed watching that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top