Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2009 10:24:40 AM EDT
In the event of a SHTF, nuclear attack, zombies on the wire, what are your plans?

Do you report ASAP to wherever you're supposed to report (assuming it's still there?)  Grab your EBR and head for the hills with the plan to come back when you know your family is safe?  Not come back?

It's been on my mind after reading several bug-out threads.

Also, do you stockpile med supplies at home?  (Or am I the only weird one on ARFCOM?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to work. It's my duty, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  It's not in my nature to run away.

Did any of those guys on 9/11 run for the hills?
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on the situation. On 9-11 I went to the building and tried to get a ride into NYC.

But in the case of an all out SHTF nukes going off everywhere probably dead in minutes situation, my family is going to come first.

So, in between those really depends
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If its a true SHTF event then Im protecting my family.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It would depend on the SHTF situation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Agreed on what kind of SHTF depends on what I'm going to do.

SHTF (minor) Call parents and sister (screw brother in law), make sure they are alright and that they are prepared.  Grab firearms and go to work.

SHTF (major) grab parents and bunker up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Depends. The capt and I both work in the field, but since he's the full-time guy, chances are I'd be home with the kidlets anyway. We wouldn't BOTH leave the kids. We have rough plans, but that's something we really need to hammer out in more detail. He's told me more than once that if it was bad, he'd expect me to take the kids, the supplies, and bug out. He would have to do what he needs to do, and then he'd meet up with us asap.

In a true TEOTWAWKI scenario, we'd both grab the fam and bug out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck the Medicaid Fuckers and take care of your own. It is one thing if it is a serious event like Mass Casualty Incident, but if it is a true SHTF scenario my family will have my attention.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck the Medicaid Fuckers and take care of your own. It is one thing if it is a serious event like Mass Casualty Incident, but if it is a true SHTF scenario my family will have my attention.

this.

tag for poll!

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

this.

tag for poll!

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

this.

tag for poll!

*EDIT; sorry, cpu froze up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
It depends on the 'SHTF' often that kind of stuff is just another day at work for us, but the rest of the world thinks its SHTF.

My wife is my #1 priority in this world. I'm not heading to work unless I know she is safe.

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Again depends on the situation.

If I am at risk, im getting out of dodge.

I dont have a family as Im still a kid.

911 type, Im getting into work and doing what I was made to do, and prob much much more.

And yes, I do stock med supplies as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Serious mass causality means I'm going to be there as that is my job duty with the state, but don't think for a second I won't be taking care of #1
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It would depend on the SHTF situation.

This....
during the hurricanes of 2004.... Our families came and stayed at the station with us. Kept our mind focused on our jobs and task at hand instead of worrying about the welfare or our family
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#17]
If you only saw the amount of weapons with us when we were down in LA.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#18]
localized / regional SHTF scenario = going to work and doing my duty.

expanded regional / national / pan-continental EOTWAWKI scenario = PMAG cover being popped, EBR and family doing the bug-out dance to our beta site.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Dpends on if my family is able to handle it without me, and if it is worth my while (morally, legally, ethically, etc.) to go to work.

Quoted:

If the SHTF, I'll be far more likely to use my own discretion when it comes to the cabulance service we offer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
localized / regional SHTF scenario = going to work and doing my duty.

expanded regional / national / pan-continental EOTWAWKI scenario = PMAG cover being popped, EBR and family doing the bug-out dance to our beta site.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
We have the largest inland refinery in the US just outside of town. In feb 2008 it blew up. My family and friends live within a few miles of it. My grand parents live within a 1/4 mile.
I went straight to work.

Though it would definitely depend on the situation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#22]
disregard any recommendations on ELBCO shit, i've got a fitted pair i've had for less than a year and 2 velcro spots have torn off, and the stitching inside my right thigh pocket is coming out.
replacing w/ 5.11's this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Go to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top