Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:45:26 PM EST
I asked this in the Para forum here but didn't get anywhere. I am thus opening this up to the whole of Arfcomdom:

Has anyone found deals on "High" cap (standard cap IMHO but even Para calls them "high" and "standard") Para mags? By deal I mean "less than their AWB pricing". They're offering high caps on their site at $50 a pop, for 12, 13 or 14 rounders. I'm looking for more of a deal: Other mags have dropped considerably in price since last Monday... I am hoping Para's do as well.

(BTW I emailed Para: They pointed me to the Para Pro shop, which is where I got that price)

TIA
jim
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:47:30 PM EST
Just get a Glock
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:49:17 PM EST
Guns&Ammo in memphis, TN had 14-round P14 mags for $40 back during early spring.....might wanna look 'em up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:50:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Guns&Ammo in memphis, TN had 14-round P14 mags for $40 back during early spring.....might wanna look 'em up.

Website? I googled it but didn't get anything of value.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:17:46 PM EST
CDNN has them, but still want's $40 each.

I have a P-14, too, but I'm gonna wait a while longer before buying new ones. November, December timeframe, at least.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:24:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 4:24:33 AM EST by macman37]

Originally Posted By Unknown1Sailor:
CDNN has them, but still want's $40 each.

I have a P-14, too, but I'm gonna wait a while longer before buying new ones. November, December timeframe, at least.

That's probably what I'll do too. I had hopes of giving some as Christmas gifts to my brother and father. I hope I can get them in time if they're priced right.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:34:19 AM EST
I have a p14 and 40 bucks was a good price before the ban...I've never seen them cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:53:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By macman37:

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Website? I googled it but didn't get anything of value.

TIA

3615 Summer Ave - (901) 324-8346

give 'em a call.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:54:45 AM EST
Outside of Glock mags, for which I personally have no current use, I have seen zero deals on mags. Okay, the Tapco AR-15 30s, but they are backordered forever now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:02:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By thelibertarian:
Outside of Glock mags, for which I personally have no current use, I have seen zero deals on mags. Okay, the Tapco AR-15 30s, but they are backordered forever now.

CDNN has/had a great deal on Sig 228 mags. $18.99 for a 13 rounder. I ordered five last Thursday and they came last night. Marked "LEO" (feels so naughty) with the date of the ban on them! They were in GREAT condition... In fact the only thing that looked used on them was the floorplate- some LE agencies apparently mark the floorplates. The tubes looked 100% new in every case... whether they were reconditioned (reparked) or not, I don't know. They passed the snap-cap feed/eject/lockback on last round test though.

I just want that kind of deal on Para mags now! I don't think it's crazy: $25 for a "high cap" mag isn't too bad. I'd buy a pile of them at that price.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:06:23 AM EST
I don't think you'll see them go much under $40. I was lucky enough to get a deal on a bunch of them during the ban, and paid a little under $40 each then, but even now they want $49 on the web site so I don't expect them to get much cheaper. There isn't nearly the market for Para mags as there is for some other guns after all...

One thing I would NOT do is buy MecGar (or any other aftermarket) mags. I have three Mecgars and they are crap. Stick with factory mags.

BTW - What's a Glock? Isn't that some kind of explosive device or something?? Plastic explosives??
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:11:01 AM EST
My MecGar functions fine in my Para Tac-Four, but also looking forward to replacing with Para factory mags. They were selling mag BODIES for $40 during the ban so I don't see them going down a lot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:19:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By gus:
One thing I would NOT do is buy MecGar (or any other aftermarket) mags. I have three Mecgars and they are crap. Stick with factory mags.

Most of the firearms manufacturers in the world don't make the magazines themselves, they contract it out. MecGar probably manufactures the magazine for Sig, they are the worlds largest mfgr of pistol magazines.

macman37: its standard capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:22:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:

Most of the firearms manufacturers in the world don't make the magazines themselves, they contract it out. MecGar probably manufactures the magazine for Sig, they are the worlds largest mfgr of pistol magazines.

I was told that Para is one of the few that DO make their own mags. The factory ones are even stamped "Made in Canada"".

Again, I'll stick to factory mags only for my Para. The three aftermarkets I have all FTF on the last three or so rounds (probably a spring issue) and one does not drop free. No problems ever with factory mags.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:24:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:

macman37: its standard capacity magazines.

Read my original post. I call them standard cap-- Para is the one calling them "high cap".

As for Mec-Gar, I avoid aftermarket when I can, but they **do** supply Sig with theirs. I might trust theirs though... especially if I can pick up some Grams Engineering kits and they work with the Mec-Gars.
Top Top