Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:31:59 PM EDT
Well Panasonic came out with the mirrorless camera(s) that I wish Nikon had come out with.

https://www.l-rumors.com/these-are-the-new-panasonic-sr1-and-s1-full-frame-cameras/
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:17:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:57:31 PM EDT
I am in the market to upgrade. But I will wait until Nikon Z6 and Panasonic S1 come out to see how they stack up against Sony A7III before I make my decision.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:22:39 PM EDT
While I'm not really interested in going to a full frame camera, I think it's pretty smart of Panasonic to use an existing mount. That gives them access to a series of lenses that already exist. I don't know much about them, though.

Personally, I'm piqued by the new micro 4:3 lens Panasonic announced, the 10-25mm f/1.7. That could be very good for video, and not horrible as a "walking around" lens.

I currently use an Olympus OM-D EM-5 MkII, and I love it, although it lacks in a few areas. I'd almost be tempted to try to find a used Panasonic GH5... but I am going to wait until Olympus makes their announcement early in 2019. I'm expecting the EM-5 MkIII, and hoping it ends up with a better sensor, PDAF, and more versatile video (4k 30 and 60FPS, 1080 up to at least 120FPS).
Top Top