Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 2:44:00 PM EDT by chapperjoe]
These polls have never failed me before!
I'm never gonna stick these in my pocket so size doesn't really concern me. I am gonna use wifi with them, and maybe bluetooth if i can figure out my phone. Both have same OS, same great new Palm screen and functions, same processor and speed. Both have bluetooth.

Palm one:

About 3 times as thick as the T5, uses a HD inside. IT's quote small, but the T5 is thinner.
BUT 4gig worth of HD so I can store my many pdf's on it from school. and built in wifi. Can get it for 418.

Palm T5

can get it for 291 - really small and thin.
I'd need to get more memory and the lack of wifi Would require me to get a wifi card that sticks out of machine, so it wouldn't be permanent, e.g. I'd have to take it out when not in use:

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 3:59:24 PM EDT by Max_Mike]
At this point I would reconsider buying a PalmOS device… dead end.

PalmSource the developer of PalmOS was sold recently and it looks as if the buyer may drop development for the current OS. There is a lot of speculation the Palm as it has been known is dead.

PalmOS has been in trouble for sometime, it is down to less than 20% of the new PDA market.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:02:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:06:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
At this point I would reconsider buying a PalmOS device… dead end.

PalmSource the developer of PalmOS was sold recently and it looks as if the buyer may drop development for the current OS. There is a lot of speculation the Palm as it has been known is dead.

PalmOS has been in trouble for sometime, it is down to less than 20% of the new PDA market.

other choice is the ipaq 4355
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:25:09 PM EDT
First, don't buy a Windows CE based system. You think you have issues on your PC...

Now, if you want a USEFUL Palm-based system...

Garmin iQue

Get what I carry with me at all times.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:27:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kissfan:
First, don't buy a Windows CE based system. You think you have issues on your PC...

Garmin iQue

I have a GPS already and I think I want windows on my handlheld. I've had ipaqs (in 2000-2002) and didn't mind the OS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:28:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

Garmin iQue

I have a GPS already and I think I want windows on my handlheld. I've had ipaqs (in 2000-2002) and didn't mind the OS.

Want the phone with it too?

www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/6142.html

This is what I've been waiting 6 months for.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:47:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

Garmin iQue

Want the phone with it too?

www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/6142.html

This is what I've been waiting 6 months for.

tempting but no thanks, the monthly bills with voice are like 70-90 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:07:02 AM EDT
None...they ALL break. I used to work for a .gov agency, and we gave Palms, Sonys, Ipaqs, Compaqs, and HPs out to everyone. A significant portion of them had to go back for repairs...it just got to the point that it was more trouble than it was worth. And, you *will* lose all the data on them when you can least afford it, count on that.
Top Top