Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 5:09:56 PM EDT
I have noticed in the news lately that the Palestinians are using more M16 rifles.
Maybe it's just a chance happening CCN videos them with M16s, but it seems like there are more news segments with them firing M16s. They must have raided an amory in Israel.

Anybody else noticed this ???

[img]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast/08/29/mideast/story.palestinians.wed.ap.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the rocks weren't working well enough.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
And to think that the Arab world blasts the Israelis for using American made weapons.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess they've finally learned that it's not too cool blasting away at the Israelies with worn out AK's and hitting jack squat. And then to have the Izzies return fire with a few shots to the head from an accurate AR.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess they finally figured out a way to even the kill ratio.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that they have upgraded rifles the Israelis will probably switch to tactical nukes!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sure that the good folks at Israli Military Industries will be able to handel it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys were wondering where all the Century ARs were?  Makes a lot of sense.  The Israelis have a lot of ammo and weapons.  They are going to fall into the hands of your enemies sooner or later.  How many Sammies are now armed with Colt M4s, M9s and MP5Ks, taken from our guys?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone needs to tell them to keep their finger off the trigger when they pose for pictures.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
When the Palestinians set up their police force for "their" new Palestinian territory. (According to the "peace" deal.) The Israelis gave them M16's.  Guess that wasn't such a good idea... Huh?
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#10]
That Palestinian dude who shot those soldiers a few weeks ago was armed with an M16 without the stock.

Just a straight buffer tube protruding.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 3:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When the Palestinians set up their police force for "their" new Palestinian territory. (According to the "peace" deal.) The Israelis gave them M16's.  Guess that wasn't such a good idea... Huh?
View Quote

No to worry...  They will reclaiming those weapons very soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
These losers use anything. I've seen em with M14s, AKs, and VZs (52s and 57s),and M16s too. Wonder if they are of Viet Nam ser range??, Some M16s have the Leb 'pinetree' marked on them, so former Leb property?? Who knows where they got em from?

Anyways, hope they get their asses kicked! Time to meet Allah! Fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
In Hebron I saw Palestinians using... guess?

US. Rifle M1 cal. 30 GARAND!!!

This for sure the Israelis didn't gave them...

The rest of the weapons (including FAL and M16 and M4) were given by the israelis in compliance of the Oslo Agreement... *SIGH*
Soon I'll go to Jerusalem to see how the inhabitants of Gilo are managing with the snipers...
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to see you back Paolo!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good to see you back Paolo!
View Quote

Hi, nice to post again on ar15.com!!!

By the way, I am building a internet site in italian and english about firearms. I wrote an article about gun control and I would submit to the ar15 brotherhood to look for improvements. It will be not in competition with ar15, but maybe can make to understand that there are Euros on the RKBA side also... I want to put in the links ar15.com. Soon I'll post here the url...
see ya brothers in arms!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#16]
my paper yesterday showed them with some sweet looking AKs
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
The ones I've seen on the news all look like A1's so Vietnamese source would seem like a good possiblity seeing as how there were at least hundreds of thousands of them in the country before the fall. Also S.Korea used to build them during their manufacturing tool up before going to the homegrown Daewoo's as did Singapore before their own indigenous design manufacture IIRC. So would imagine there are quite a few sources available besides captured/ stolen Lend weapons.
Same 'Cold War' mentality support for guerilla warfare as practiced by all sides decades ago. Same plan/ strategy, different time/ participants. Weapons dealing is big business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top