Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2015 3:34:27 PM EDT
Hi All,

I know it hasn't been but a week or so on this diet.  I did it last year for a month an lost some weight.  It seems that I am hungry as shit all day and night.  I keep hearing people say it's a great diet because they're never hungry and get by with a hard boiled egg here and a handful of nuts there.  I'm eating like a horse and still butt hungry...

When will I start eating like a bird and be satisfies.

I would call this more of a primal diet since I eat cured meats such as ham and bacon too.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to have to run us through a typical day. ht wt and activity level would help paint a full picture too.

You'll probably never "eat like a bird" and be satisfied, but you should be more satiated than an equivalent amount of garbage food.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
43 yo male.  5'7" 180

Semi active work day 50% desk work 50% moderate outdoor activity- 10 hours/day

4-5 hours sleep/ night  schedule flip flops weekly (day/ evening)

yesterday
    2 cups coffee with stevia
    2 scotch eggs
    2 chicken breasts
    1 cup kale
    1/2 cup sunflower kernals
    Handful of kalamata olives
    1 huge salad (spring greens)

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah well, you're just plain not eating enough. Try a bigger breakfast and don't limit yourself to lean meats. I'd guess you're getting very little fat and very little protein.

ETA- also try to get more sleep. 4-5 hours isn't doing you any favors!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
gotcha, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gotcha, thanks.
View Quote

If you haven't already, get the myfitnesspal app and use it--it really helps you realize what is good calorie wise and not and helps you keep track of your macros.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Going primal is going high fat/high protein - with an emphasis on fat.

Definitely up the portions of both.

Watch what you're using so far as oils, too. Use coconut oil for frying - a little olive is okay, too (especially for eggs!).

I dumped 60# this year - going from 38" slacks to 32's! (235# - 175#)

Beer is my sin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you actually research paleo/primal to learn what it's about or just get what you thought was the general idea and run with it? It sounds like the latter. To make this work, you really need to understand what you're doing.

ETA: That sounds more rude than I intended. It just seems like you don't have the full picture. Get your foods right and the rest should fall into place. It seems like you're trying to limit the amounts and amount of fat you're eating. Don't do that. Eat plenty of fat and eat until you're not hungry, not until you're full or you finish your food.

DRINK MORE WATER!

The amount you eat will start to go down, but you're going to be starving if you don't eat enough fat and protein.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I eat more or less "paleo" and definitely do not starve. You aren't eating enough, its that simple. This type of eating is based around high fat and adequate protein, with plenty of greens and vegetables along the way. This means, meat and eggs, olive/coconut oils and nuts/avocados for fats, and greens and other veggies as sides.

You need to drop the whole "eating like a bird" thing all together and start eating in a healthy way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the advice.  My hunger levels have dropped a bit in the past 3 days.

Yesterday for example

2-3 cups of coffee with stevia and a little almond milk at 0430

a large slice of meatza I made the night before (but that had shredded mozzarella on it) at 1000

2 large lamb loin chops  some shrimp and string beans at 2100

A sugar free red bull at 1400 (not good)

2 large cups of chicken broth sometime in the morning.

Eating the large portion of meat seemed to fill me up a bit for a long while.

How big a part does sodium play?  The chicken broth is pretty salty.  I also love V-8 and vegetable juices… and pickled things..

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the advice.  My hunger levels have dropped a bit in the past 3 days.

Yesterday for example

a large slice of meatza I made the night before (but that had shredded mozzarella on it) at 1000

How big a part does sodium play?  The chicken broth is pretty salty.  I also love V-8 and vegetable juices… and pickled things..

View Quote

Good Lord, that seems like less than 1000 calories, have you started counting them yet? I forget, do we know how much you weigh?

Not sure what Meatza is...

OK, so you weigh 180, you are gonna want like what, 2000 calories?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good Lord, that seems like less than 1000 calories, have you started counting them yet? I forget, do we know how much you weigh?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yesterday for example

Unless that meatza slice was 1500 calories and 200+g of fat, you're not eating enough. No wonder you're starving. You need more meat and veggies. Seriously dude, back up and do your research.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yesterday for example

View Quote

Here's a idea of what I ate during keto:

Breakfast
Meat of some kind
3 eggs cooked in butter

Lunch
8-10oz meat
Low carb veggies

Snack
Salad with oil and vinegar
Beef jerky

Supper
8-10oz meat
Low carb veggies

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top