BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 7:03:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
maybe we should sweep the dust off ours
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
hold that thought while i go stock up on food, water, ammo and toilet paper. what do you suppose china will do if they get a whiff of fallout?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Pakistan has a lot of balls!  It seems to me that all they are saying is, "mess with us, and we'll turn you in to a glowing parking lot..."
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think Pakistan has a lot of balls!  It seems to me that all they are saying is, "mess with us, and we'll turn you in to a glowing parking lot..."
View Quote

Pakistan will likely launch a pre-emptive strike. In return it will be they who have their nation converted into a "glowing parkinglot".
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people would call it nuclear blackmail!

I wonder at what point India would say enough is enough with the darned "no first use" policy and take the first shot stating self defense under daily threats of a nuclear attack emanating from Pakistan.

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Super,
actually salt water (and in some cases frozen saltwater) not dust covers a fair amount of our deterrent.

If we look just at our Poseidon totin subs we're looking pretty good.  We keep 10 Poseidon subs at sea at all times.  Each sub carries 24 missiles. 10X24 = 240 missiles.  Each missile can carry up to 14 independently targeted warheads.  14X240 = 3360 nuclear warheads.

That's just Poseidon and just those Poseidon's at sea.  Actually each Poseidon sub can just as easily launch from Norfolk, San Diego, Washington, etc., and hit their targets.  Never mind the rest of the missile subs or the Air Force.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Neither Pakistan nor India will use nukes.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't an after school fight. A nuke war will affect us all. From the fallout, to the economic chaos, this will suck big time.

I really wasn't afraid that missles would fly during the cold war.

I didn't think civilization would collapse during Y2K.

But now I'm scared. ONLY thing in our favor is that it's half way around the world.

-legrue

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I seceretly-kinda look forward to it happening...
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't an after school fight. A nuke war will affect us all. From the fallout, to the economic chaos, this will suck big time.

I really wasn't afraid that missles would fly during the cold war.

I didn't think civilization would collapse during Y2K.

But now I'm scared. ONLY thing in our favor is that it's half way around the world.

-legrue

View Quote

Remain unafraid but concerned.

Both the leaders of India and Pakistan want to be around to lead.  A nuclear war would eliminate that probability.  Neither want to really piss-off Uncle Sugar !
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I would hate to be serving in the military in Pakistan or Afghanistan right now.  Can you imagine how bad it could get there before order is restored?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
What scares the crap out of me is the Pak nuclear scientists who spent time in Afghanistan doing "volunteer work". They were interrogated by the Pak ISI, Osama's best friend. Maybe India would be doing us all a favor and cleaning the slate in South Asia. Just get our boys and girls out first.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Just a helpful hint, if the world goes nuclear and the stores run out of toilet paper, remember to always first crumble the news print or what ever you use in your hands, it grips better. [:D] Am-O-Tramp  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Pakistan is just waving its pee-pee. Unfortunately, for them, it's a small one. Kind of like a little dog that barks a lot. India is stronger in both conventional and nuclear forces. Pakistan should pray that India shows restraint.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Duck and Cover!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Super,
actually salt water (and in some cases frozen saltwater) not dust covers a fair amount of our deterrent.

If we look just at our Trident totin subs we're looking pretty good.  We keep 10 Trident subs at sea at all times.  Each sub carries 24 missiles. 10X24 = 240 missiles.  Each missile can carry up to 14 independently targeted warheads.  14X240 = 3360 nuclear warheads.

That's just Trident and just those Trident at sea.  Actually each Trident sub can just as easily launch from Norfolk, San Diego, Washington, etc., and hit their targets.  Never mind the rest of the missile subs or the Air Force.
View Quote

Edited to change Poseidon to Trident - cause I'm a dumb-ass.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we look just at our Poseidon totin subs we're looking pretty good.  We keep 10 Poseidon subs at sea at all times
View Quote

Poseiden?  Uhh aren't they all retired?

We're toting Trident IIs now - with some of the Trident I subs getting refitted to carry Trident IIs (the others are getting refitted for spec-ops).
View Quote

(Forest, thanks for the catch.  I've edited my post accordingly.  I'm probably fortunate I didn't put Polaris !)

I didn't know the I's were being refitted for special ops but that makes a lot of sense.  (Special ops in the submarine service can mean many different things but those are still relatively modern boats and should do most ops well.)
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just a helpful hint, if the world goes nuclear and the stores run out of toilet paper, remember to always first crumble the news print or what ever you use in your hands, it grips better. [:D] Am-O-Tramp  
View Quote

You can wipe with a clean round medium size rock. Works good.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I seceretly-kinda look forward to it happening...
View Quote

You are one sick dude...

Can we be friends?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope they all die so I can buy India and Pakistan for $1.99 per square mile.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top