Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2002 7:00:18 AM EDT
The Associated Press
Wednesday, May 29, 2002; 3:01 AM

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. –– Two Muslim men plotted with an informant to bomb electrical transformers, a National Guard armory and Jews in South Florida, hoping to start a Holy War, government documents allege.

Pakistani immigrants Imran Mandhai, 19, and Shueyb Mossa Jokhan, 24, were ordered held without bail Tuesday after U.S. Magistrate Lurana Snow reviewed transcripts of conversations they had with an informant in March and April 2001.

Snow rejected arguments by Mandhai's and Jokhan's attorneys that they were bumbling amateurs whose militant fantasies were inflamed by the government informant, identified only as Mohammad.

"The fact that they themselves didn't have the capacity to construct the bombs ... may be the only reason they did not succeed in wreaking havoc on the community," Snow said.

The pair is charged with conspiracy to damage and destroy property by means of fire and explosives. Mandhai is also charged with soliciting Jokhan to commit a crime of violence. They face up to 20 years in prison.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25283-2002May29.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This seems so unlike militant fundamentalist pakistanis! I wonder how many more are packing their bags and hopping on the next 767 to come here...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Invite a guest to your home, and they proceed to bust up the toilet with a sledgehammer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
They are using us.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
i am very concerned about the use of 'muslims' 'holy war' 'pakistani immigrants' and 'militant'
sounds like 'profiling' to me.  oh, i forgot, we can't do that. sorry.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
where did these words come from?

We live in a different America than our fathers did.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
They should be flown back home, free of charge, I'm sure they are just mis-guided.
When they get home they should be used a un-guided. In other words a B-52 w/o any other load should fly to it's max height, and drop them. They should be wrapped in pigskin and fitted with a drag chute, and enought 02 for the trip. They should also be filmed ala' "Fear Factor", with cameras mounted to them.

Of course that isn't what a civilized people will do, and we the US is civilized. Fortunately for them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Very probably these guys had a difficult childhood and grew up in a single parent family.

Can't be their fault !!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm real sorry but these people only understand one thing...DEATH ! So I think the Govt. should help them out. How about several megatons worth to Pakistan? They will think India did it so they would respond solving India's overpopulation problem. As to racial profiling, don't you think for one minute that the FBI isn't looking real hard at at ANY Moslem right now. My neighbor who is an FBI S/A says hes not looking for 6'4" Swedish blondes. Also asked him about current news media blast about the agency. Says this is what happens when promotion time comes along- get rid of the assholes any way you can! So they promote incompetent people. Also said Louie Free former Director wasn't fit to carry a bucket of piss from the whistle blower agents.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm real sorry but these people only understand one thing...DEATH ! So I think the Govt. should help them out.
View Quote

I prefer to think of it as assisting them with their spiritual aspirations. You know, seventy-two virgins and all are at stake. Anything to help!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Does this make them all bad?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top