Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
I am trying to paint the receiver on my mossberg 500 o.d. green. Just wondering what a good paint to use is. I have seen gun paints on brownells but they look like a standard overpriced enamel paint with a brownells label on it. So should I use maybe an engine paint to protect against heat or will regular rustoleum to the trick. The problem with the engine paint is I am having a hard time finging it in O.D. green. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Duracote or Molyrisen
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used the od green from brownells it works pretty well. I used the stuff you mix the hardener into and the little sprayer kit with a small compresor. The paint will most likey wear off the mag tube where the foreend slids on it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, I just polished that up, I hope it looks good with the od receiver
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top