Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:49:36 PM EDT
I have a m67 dummy grenade and its unpainted... anyone know the exact tint of green and yellow i should get? and how and what type of paint i should use?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't know about tint but any flat primer or metal paint will work.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah definetly something flat.

I guess i can just eyeball it... its just sorta a grey misty green.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]

www.inert-ord.net/usa03a/usa3/

try a hobby shop to get the correct color of paint
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget to plug the hollow bottom with some Bondo.

Should be good for a future trip to the pokey. Or just leave it on a sidewalk somewhere and wait for the hilarity to ensue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Testors Model Master OD Green in the spray can will be a pretty good match...

The stencilling is the tough part...you can do it several ways....cut your own stencils in card stock, and spray with yellow...or a technique I have used many times with artillery projectiles....

Spray the stencilled area first with the color of the stencil (in this case yellow) after it dries good use vinyl stick on letters for the nomenclature, then spray the entire thing with the green. After it dries, peel off the letters, revealing the yellow underneath, voila. Works good with arty rounds may be tough on a grenade.

The actual "stencilling" they use on grenades looks actually more like a stamp than true stencil and paint. If you were going to be doing dozens of them, it would pay to have a stamp made and do it that way, but for one its overkill....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Should be good for a future trip to the pokey. Or just leave it on a sidewalk somewhere and wait for the hilarity to ensue.

But you need to fill it with sand first..

And there alway a laugh riot to toss into a car at a stop light!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you need to fill it with sand first..

And there alway a laugh riot to toss into a car at a stop light!

Most sheeple wouldn't have a clue what it is supposed to be. Probably pick it up and scrunch their eyebrows up. The ex army and marines would hit the deck, open their mouth and plug their ears.
The ex airforce and navy guys would look and say "wow look at that big duck egg".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top