Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2003 8:23:37 PM EDT
I am looking for a paintball pistol and was wondering if anybody new of any good web sites out there to buy from. I would obviously prefer something in the way of a discount type store or used but any info on good prices and stores for eqiuipment and markers and balls is appreciated!!!1
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
www.countypaintball.com has the new model PGPs for $80 dollars.

The PGP is pretty much THE best pistol for paintball out there. Sure, there are semi guns like the PTs, but those are made in Taiwan, not to mention they have issues getting up to a playable velocity, and even when up there you will be unlikely to get any decent shots per 12 gram at that velocity.

Then keep in mind there are 10 rounds on gun, before you ahve to reload. You want to make those 10 shots COUNT! With a semi you will be more inclined to shoot them off quickly (which also reduces shot count per 12 gram), with teh PGP, you will be more willing to take good shots, not stupid ones.

On a decently warm day (60 degrees and up) I get at least 25 GOOD shots (270 fps or so, best velocity when using 12 grams), and could stretch it to 30 shots if I felt like it. Usually I just change at 20 so I don't have to compensate for reducing velocity. With the semi pistol you will be lucky to get 10 good shots, 20 maximum. This shot count goes down if you shoot fast, and forget about using it down to 40 degrees.

Not to mention that if you really do want a semi pistol, you can have the PGP customized to an autococking gun later on, which will be a much better performer than the blowback PT type pistols.

if you want more info on the pgps, check out www.pgpog.org or www.pumpplayers.com

I use mine as a main gun when going against electros, when I'm in the mood, and manage to hold my own.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Armotech "Zeus" is another consideration. A bit pricey compared to the old reliable PGP, it is  faster to reload, (uses a detachable ten round spring loaded mag) and handles like a muzzle heavy 1911A1. Setting one up for remote air, makes it a bit more fun,(No messing with 12 gram bottles)  you can focus on shot placement, rather than switching the 12 gram.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
12 grams make the game that much more fun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Offspring- I agree, provided you're not on a speedball field with some Angel equipped 14 year old sugar junkie using Ma's AMEX to buy paint by the truckload, and who thinks "wiping" is part of the rules.. (Of course, that's what grenades are for..)

Paintball has divided into camps to the point that the styles of gameplay is dependant more on the field than the skill. A T-ball player is easy pickings for the most part on a densely wooded, or brushed up field.. Then you have the ghillied up scenario/rec ball player, who stands out like a sore thumb on a speedball/suppair field.

It is nice to occasionally see the "layers of paint" taken out with a single gog shot by some player using a PMI Tracer, or an old Sheridan pump though..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Not enough people here play with pumps. They brag that they have them, but are never brave enough to put down that IR3 or GZ Intimidator and go a game or two (woods or speed ball) with just their pump. I like the old school guns too. When we actually had a field around here that had a woods field, I would take my P68df out against the angels. I still remember a team mate coming up next to me with an angel saying, "Cover me I am going to rush the next bunker!" I looked at him, looked at my gun, and just laughed. There were even times I would pull out the Splatmaster and do some hardcore sneaking. Pump guns on a speedball field are fun, granted everyone is using them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is nice to occasionally see the "layers of paint" taken out with a single gog shot by some player using a PMI Tracer, or an old Sheridan pump though..
Meplat-
View Quote

That would be me.  I ditched most of my semi autos (hurricane, typhoon, cockers) and have kept my pumpers (pretty much the whole sheridan P series, K series and PG series) along with a few that were modified by palmer.  Pump is so much better because of the light weight guns and lack of a harness.  For the most part I play stock class with a KP2 and carry about 50 balls and 2 12 grams for every 4 games.
For scenarios/big games i usually take out my palmerized piranha long barrel and throw a VL2000 on top so the balls dont get jammed when Im "hosing" my opponents with the auto trigger.  I havent played in 3 years but need to get back into the paintball world
View Quote

I'm glad to see some fellow pump players on this board heh. I started playing in 1998, and by the end of that year was playing pump. Pretty much been pump vs everything since. Even played on team PPIG (pump players internet guild) at Skyball 2002 and IAO 2002 in the rookie divisions. Did pretty well for ourselves, I think, considering we had never met or practiced before skyball.

And hey, if you want to get back into it, in september, at EMR paintball in PA, they are having their bi-annual Castle Conquest with an all pump defense, vs the semi toting hordes. I'm signed up for it, should be interesting heh.

Nice choice in the palmer and sheridan guns by the way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Even so, I'm leaning heavily toward an A-5, just so I can see how close I can make it look like a MP5..
Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meplat-
View Quote

That would be me.  I ditched most of my semi autos (hurricane, typhoon, cockers) and have kept my pumpers (pretty much the whole sheridan P series, K series and PG series) along with a few that were modified by palmer.  Pump is so much better because of the light weight guns and lack of a harness.  For the most part I play stock class with a KP2 and carry about 50 balls and 2 12 grams for every 4 games.
For scenarios/big games i usually take out my palmerized piranha long barrel and throw a VL2000 on top so the balls dont get jammed when Im "hosing" my opponents with the auto trigger.  I havent played in 3 years but need to get back into the paintball world
View Quote

I'm glad to see some fellow pump players on this board heh. I started playing in 1998, and by the end of that year was playing pump. Pretty much been pump vs everything since. Even played on team PPIG (pump players internet guild) at Skyball 2002 and IAO 2002 in the rookie divisions. Did pretty well for ourselves, I think, considering we had never met or practiced before skyball.

And hey, if you want to get back into it, in september, at EMR paintball in PA, they are having their bi-annual Castle Conquest with an all pump defense, vs the semi toting hordes. I'm signed up for it, should be interesting heh.

Nice choice in the palmer and sheridan guns by the way.
View Quote

Ive been playing since 1994 and took a break after the PBLI big game in may of 2000.  I really need to call my buddies from the wild geese back up and see what the deal is for the Paintball Long island Big game this month, shit might even be next weekend.
PPIG eh?  Was Rob Rubin (tyger?) on that team?  IS he still a loon who thinks that he is gods gift to paintball?
View Quote

Heh, Tyger was on the Novice team. He's an alright guy, even if he has his opinions.

The LIBG is on the 18th, I'll be there, with the Paintball Marshals, friends of the geese. Should be a good time, if you're there I'll be shooting a pump of some sort, ask around the geese/cancon/marshal camp.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Jim Masse heh. I suppose they camp there, I just drive out from the city for the day. We were a "mercenary" team last year, basically we were supposed to be hired by each side or were neutral and could do what we want. It wasn't implimented as well as it could have been, so by the second half of the day we just walked around and shot who we wanted, and switched sides whenever the one we were on started to lose. It was fun and treacherous :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
This has turned into a very cool post guys! I like hearing from fellow PB players! Buyt back to my first question of anyone know of any good web sites or dealers or wholesale dealers to purcahse from? Also anyone know of any places that sell used or refurbed equpiment?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This has turned into a very cool post guys! I like hearing from fellow PB players! Buyt back to my first question of anyone know of any good web sites or dealers or wholesale dealers to purcahse from? Also anyone know of any places that sell used or refurbed equpiment?
View Quote

I've gotten a lot of my stuff from www.countypaintball.com, and the previously mentioned g3pb.

For pump and stock class gear, I get it from Crash at www.stockclasspaintball.com, who is a very good guy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody remember the old Spyder Ones? Now that was a great gun. Single trigger, M16-style grip, they hardly ever have that now, it's all .45-style grips with double triggers (which I think is gay...)

Go to just about any search engine and search for "Used Paintball" and you'll get a bunch of sites.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks valkyre. I hadn't thought of that!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Valkrye- Or the F-1 Illustrator. Damn nice bit of work there..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#21]
The F-1 illistrator! Man, that takes me back! I was always a hard-core Tippman guy myself, but I played aganst a lot of the F1s and had a lot of respect for them.

I have to go with the prior opinion and recommend the PGP. That thing's been around forever and stands up to a beating. I started playing in '88 and, back then, just about everyone used PGPs. (except me, I had a Nelspot 007, which wouldn't be a bad choice, either)

All this pump talk makes me want to break out the old SL-68 or Phantom. Those were the days.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I still have my pmi magnum...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top