Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:05:44 AM EDT
The majority of nights my body wakes me up with a hunger/empty stomach feeling. It's bad enough that I have to get up and eat something in order to be able to sleep. I usually go to bed around 11, this usually happens between 5 and 6am, I like to get up around 7am.

I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal and take a metamucil before going to bed and I take dicyclomine before bed as well to keep my intestines from spazzing out. My doc has diagnosed me with IBD, but this thing is rather annoying since it wakes me up before I want to be awake.

Just curious if anyone has any idea what it may be, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:06:58 AM EDT
how old are you? My son wakes up hungry all of the time so I tell him to eat something. Patty
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:09:35 AM EDT
smoke dope for your pain, everyone here seems to think it's OK
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:09:46 AM EDT
I'm 26, this has been going on for maybe 2 years or so.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:09:47 AM EDT
The same thing kinda happens to me. Always seem to be hungry right before or after I go to bed.

Try eating a huge, Thanksgiving-style meal just before you go to sleep and see if you still do the same thing or not. If you do, there's probably a problem somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:12:43 AM EDT
What is your daily activity like?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:13:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawker:

It'll also cure male pattern baldness, enlarge your penis, and boost your typing speed to 150 words a minute. It's also great for excessive underarm sweat. Ask any Arfcom doper.

As a serious answer though, aren't unexpected hunger pangs a sign of an ulcer?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:41 AM EDT

Dope makes you hungry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:21:01 AM EDT

I work 8-5 in an office, I do go up 3 flights of stairs several times a day. I go home and usually walk a mile or so with our dogs. Pretty much sit on my ass the rest of the time.

I'm 5'8" and about 140lbs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:38:33 PM EDT
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:42:32 PM EDT
is it painful ? or are you just hungry ?

Do you have any BM's before or after ? - It might just be your bodies motabalism . . .

When i changed my diet (started eating healthier) I used to wake up and need something to eat . . .

My mother also did they same thing what she was younger - And it was an ulcer - I would go get checked out for ulcers . . . .
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:54:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:
It'll also cure male pattern baldness, enlarge your penis, and boost your typing speed to 150 words a minute. It's also great for excessive underarm sweat.

SWEET JESUS!!! Why have I been putting it off?!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:56:29 PM EDT
Your tapeworm is getting hungry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:02:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:

It'll also cure male pattern baldness, enlarge your penis, and boost your typing speed to 150 words a minute. It's also great for excessive underarm sweat. Ask any Arfcom doper.

As a serious answer though, aren't unexpected hunger pangs a sign of an ulcer?

I thought it was a sign of AIDS
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:49:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rtr:

I work 8-5 in an office, I do go up 3 flights of stairs several times a day. I go home and usually walk a mile or so with our dogs. Pretty much sit on my ass the rest of the time.

I'm 5'8" and about 140lbs.

What are your eating habits? Sounds like your metabolism is out of wack. Patty
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:23:54 PM EDT
Sounds like your bloodsugar is plunging.

You eat a meal high in carbs, your body is releasing insulin to counter it. Too much insulin results in low blood sugar, which is making you wake up with cravings.

Do yourself a favor. Read the original Atkins book. Even if you decide not to try the low carb diet, you will at least understand what is going on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:17:50 PM EDT

The majority of nights my body wakes me up with a hunger/empty stomach feeling. It's bad enough that I have to get up and eat something in order to be able to sleep. I usually go to bed around 11, this usually happens between 5 and 6am, I like to get up around 7am.

I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal and take a metamucil before going to bed and I take dicyclomine before bed as well to keep my intestines from spazzing out. My doc has diagnosed me with IBD, but this thing is rather annoying since it wakes me up before I want to be awake.

Just curious if anyone has any idea what it may be, thanks.

Not familiar w/the hunger pains, though the suggestion you check on the possibility of ulcer sounds like a good idea.

BUT, for IBD - start taking Flax oil. Nature's Bounty Brand, IMO, is best. It takes a while (3-6 months) but I think you'll see a BIG difference in time. the brother of a classmate had collitic pretty bad - he started on the flax and buh bye collitis. (Granted, not the SAME disorder, but similar, and, IMO, just different "stages" of the same problem. I'd start off on 2G/day, only contraindication I know of is if you are already on blood thinners (because it also thins the blood and prevents blood platelet aggrigation.)

Also you want to take it in the MORNING, or you may have insomnia. (if taken too late in the day.)

Good luck figuring out the hunger pains.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:04:25 PM EDT

Try eating a huge, Thanksgiving-style meal just before you go to sleep and see if you still do the same thing or not. If you do, there's probably a problem somewhere.

Don't do this, it will lead quickly to obesity.

Try not eating right before bed.

Everytime I eat late, I'm hungry early as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:10:04 PM EDT

Pain waking me up

Ever thought of sleeping in a different bed without her
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:10:43 PM EDT

I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal and take a metamucil before going to bed.

Damn, if I were you I would be more worried about crapping the bed in my sleep after eating that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:18:01 PM EDT by Kacer]

Originally Posted By NuclearFission:

Pain waking me up

Ever thought of sleeping in a different bed without her

That is SOOO bad! (But very funny)
Top Top