Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 4:44:20 AM EDT
Just kidding, enjoy:

Sorry, was the only pic I could snap over my quick lunch. Once I get home I will snap a couple more if interested.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
did u buy from AIMSURPLUS?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
No napkin 0/10
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at.

I see you're from Switzerland, which leads me to believe it's a machine gun.

The magazine size also leads me to believe that it's 7.62x51.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Its beautiful

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
SAPR,

NICE
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at.

I see you're from Switzerland, which leads me to believe it's a machine gun.

The magazine size also leads me to believe that it's 7.62x51.

You are right, in my hurry I forgot to name the toy. Its a Swiss Arms SAPR 751 in .308 as you already found out, basically the big brother of the SIG SG551. And yes, it is select fire, but somehow it does not have burst, which makes me want to call Swiss Arms to ask where they left that one...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
How much?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd....................shoot it, 10+
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:01:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much?

around 5k$ last i checked

any good AR or SiG is around 3k$ in Switzerland though

jeff, one of my friend had reliability issues with the 1st hundred rounds.. failure to eject.. but these were the first batch of SAPRs, and it was with south african surplus ammo I believe. Now it runs like a charm
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]
That's hot!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Guess what, I'm jealous
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just kidding, enjoy:

Sorry, was the only pic I could snap over my quick lunch. Once I get home I will snap a couple more if interested.

I'll take it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

jeff, one of my friend had reliability issues with the 1st hundred rounds.. failure to eject.. but these were the first batch of SAPRs, and it was with south african surplus ammo I believe. Now it runs like a charm

Thanks for the heads up Shung, I have yet to shoot this bad boy. I plan to use German G3 Surplus from Men, lets see how that works out.

I paid 3995.- plus 300.- for select fire (you gotta hate SAN for that stupid policy).
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Size comparison with its little brother:
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks great man

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
How hard are they to buy over there
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Trying to get my blood pressure up eh?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Is that Al's gun from HEAT?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up Shung, I have yet to shoot this bad boy. I plan to use German G3 Surplus from Men, lets see how that works out.

I paid 3995.- plus 300.- for select fire (you gotta hate SAN for that stupid policy).

So you don't plan on shooting it much ?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/rTldgEH.jpg

Size comparison with its little brother:

http://i.imgur.com/TkNZqsw.jpg

always wanted that... you willing to trade
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sadly not... that would be the 551. One day I hope I have that in my collection too.

Asking how hard they are to get:
- Normal Rifles: Send a copy of your ID, criminal record and filled out form and then the police will either grant it or deny it. Depending on given information and what they found out. Costs: 50 Bucks

- Select fire Rifles: Send a copy of your ID, criminal record and a filled out form and then the police will invite you for a interview, they will ask you many questions, evaluate you and then either grant it r deny it. Depending on the given information and what they found out. Costs: 150 Bucks
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I though my Sig 556 SWAT  was cool.......do want......308
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you don't plan on shooting it much ?

Not really no, it is just something I wanted to have. I am more of a collector than a shooter. But I do enjoy both.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

is south african surplus still available over there?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#25]
nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I am fully hard
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#27]

That is a damn fine looking rifle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly not... that would be the 551. One day I hope I have that in my collection too.

- Normal Rifles: Send a copy of your ID, criminal record and filled out form and then the police will either grant it or deny it. Depending on given information and what they found out. Costs: 50 Bucks

- Select fire Rifles: Send a copy of your ID, criminal record and a filled out form and then the police will invite you for a interview, they will ask you many questions, evaluate you and then either grant it r deny it. Depending on the given information and what they found out. Costs: 150 Bucks

none of that for me in Geneva.. I got my first FA gun (an M4) 1 year after my first gun... I just filled the form, and I had my permit sent home 5 days afterward..

Also, remember to mention that you have special storage rules for FA guns. the BCG must be stored outside of the gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

I havent seen it in quantity in a couple of years
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

none of that for me in Geneva.. I got my first FA gun (an M4) 1 year after my first gun... I just filled the form, and I had my permit sent home 5 days afterward..

Also, remember to mention that you have special storage rules for FA guns. the BCG must be stored outside of the gun.

Well that makes it real useful at home.

Nice rifle OP.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

Do you have any readily available surplus 308
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle OP.

Well, actually I am incorrect.. it states that "the BCG must be locked (in a safe, for ex)"  It doesnt say it can't be in the gun...

its just that many people don't have big safes for the gun, so they just lock the BCG...

but honestly, I dont see how a FA SiG SAPR is your best home defense gun anyway ;)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

there was yes.. Roch Custom in Geneva, and Lagardère in Neuchatel, had some for years.. was around 50$ for 100 rounds. But I havent seen it in a while
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Sexy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sexy.

I'm salivating here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

there was yes.. Roch Custom in Geneva, and Lagardère in Neuchatel, had some for years.. was around 50$ for 100 rounds. But I havent seen it in a while

Actually just ordered 2'000 Rounds for 850.-. So not that bad. But I heard from some guys that the SAPR damages the brass, so it cant be used for reloading.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

Actually just ordered 2'000 Rounds for 850.-. So not that bad. But I heard from some guys that the SAPR damages the brass, so it cant be used for reloading.

I think it hits them just like the SIG550

that ammo price is good for .308 ! who ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle OP.

Well, actually I am incorrect.. it states that "the BCG must be locked (in a safe, for ex)"  It doesnt say it can't be in the gun...

its just that many people don't have big safes for the gun, so they just lock the BCG...

but honestly, I dont see how a FA SiG SAPR is your best home defense gun anyway ;)

A wall of lead doesn't sound like a great idea?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm jealous
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Are you an actor on The Walking Dead?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are you an actor on The Walking Dead?

Not that I know unless they hire Swiss people, why?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top