Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:07:10 AM EDT
I want to get my uncle a good knife, like a Benchmade, but I want to verify if there are any crazy British style knife laws in Italy.  He lives in the Marche region.

Size, carry, assisted/non-assisted, are there restrictions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
My impression from the last time I was there is as follows.  

It must be flashy.  They really dug my red bone Case folder at the Vatican.  One of the guards who was supposed to be locking it up for safe keeping kept wanting to do some trading.  I guess swapping knives knows no borders.  

It must be sharp.  Razor sharp is best.  The old guy I bought a couple of switchblades from put an evil edge on them.  He also spent time explaining why it was good to be very assertive when confronted by Gypsies.  

Italians like a little bling on their blades.  I kind of like that about them.  

Italian cops haven't really bought into being too Nanny Statish yet because that would cut into their quality time checking out the ladies and looking cool in their uniforms.  That's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have cash burning holes in your pockets, an Extrema Ratio knife will empty them out right quick.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you have cash burning holes in your pockets, an Extrema Ratio knife will empty them out right quick.

fuuuuuuuuck ME.

Those are pricey.

Being that it is a gift from me, I would like to send a US made blade.

Now, if he wants to buy ME one of those. ....I'll take it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top