Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 5:02:09 PM EDT
I am finishing my first week as a fellow Verizon Wireless employee.  So far, so good.  Seems to be a good company.  Only drawback is that I am parking my car on the street so as not to violate company policy about firearms on company property.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
btt so Miss Magnum might see it over the weekend.

Has anyone heard anything from her in a while?  I don't recall seeing her post in some time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#2]
She's busy on a photo shoot for our Girls of AR15.Com Calender.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you hear me now?
ACK ACK!!  ENEMIES!!  ENEMIES!!  NO MERCY!!
Good.

Sorry about that.  I work for T-Mobile (formerly VoiceStream).  

WWoodworth   [8D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, I am around.. just mostly lurking.  [;)]

The company is pretty good... I really like my job.  The only drawback to my position is the hours.  I worked 8a-12p yesterday and then went back in again from 10p-2:30am for a retrofit.  Split shifts and night work crop up at a moment's notice and you have to be flexible to provide for "the needs of the switch."  ::wry grin::

Don't forget to get in on your employee cell phone plan.  [:D]

As for firearms... well... this IS Kentucky and it's very good ol' boy.  
View Quote

I, too really like it.  Hit the floor running.  I am working in the switch today by myself, dialed up on my own ISP, while loading a bunch of ICRM's for base 10 load.  Got 4 terminals going with loads and typing here in between.

They have already provided me with a cell phone saying it's required as a switch tech.  I was told I could use it for personal use, just don't get carried away.  I still have my personal Atlanta number and will keep that so my daughter and friends in Atlanta can call me as a local number.  It's left over from my Nortel days and is cheap.

This is Georgia and no one really cares about the guns, but not taking any chances.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, I am around.. just mostly lurking.  [;)]

The company is pretty good... I really like my job.  The only drawback to my position is the hours.  I worked 8a-12p yesterday and then went back in again from 10p-2:30am for a retrofit.  Split shifts and night work crop up at a moment's notice and you have to be flexible to provide for "the needs of the switch."  ::wry grin::

Don't forget to get in on your employee cell phone plan.  [:D]

As for firearms... well... this IS Kentucky and it's very good ol' boy.  
View Quote

Have you been to Shooters Supply yet?  Great place, lots of EBRs, it located on Vincrest in St. Mathews near Lydon Lane and New Lagrange.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top